photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oh, please help me.


I seriously feel like I am at my wits end with this potty training. I really do feel like Harper is "ready." I am not trying to force anything on him at all, but I do think I'm doing something wrong.

Here goes..

Harper will pee in the potty, no problem. BUT, he will only pee in the potty if he is diaperless. When he is diaperless, he will tell me that he has to pee and then he does so in his potty. If he is in a diaper or shorts with no diaper, he will pee in those. Obviously, he can't be naked all day every day, so I'm not sure what I can do to remedy this problem. We've tried regular underwear, but again, he will just pee in those and then peel them off.

As far as number 2, he has yet to do that in the potty or the big boy toilet. My husband and I have tried keeping him diaperless all day on countless occasions, but he just holds it. On the rare occasion that he can't hold it anymore, he will try to sneak somewhere where we can't see him (like the hallway) and just do it right there on the floor. I have also noticed him grabbing his bottom and then running to the couch to sit on a blanket! It's almost like he is trying to "keep it in." Sorry, I know that was a little TMI. I find myself putting a diaper on him so that he will just go poop and not get constipated (that has happened from him holding it too long.)

I really have no idea what else to do. We've told him a million times that if he poops in the potty he will get candy or cake. Those are the only two things in the whole world that he can be bribed with.


He must prefer not wearing a diaper because he fights me SO hard when I put one on him. It is an exhausting physical battle for the both of us at each diaper change. He rolls, thrashes and tries to run out the door. With my belly getting more huge by the day, I can't have him kicking like this anymore.

So, there is my take on potty training right now. I am SO lost! PLEASE tell me that training a girl is easier!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm not quite at the potty training stage, but I do think it will come early for Peyton. She already pulls at her diaper when it's wet, watches me "pee pee in the potty", and putting a diaper on her 90% of the time involves chasing her around and putting it on while she runs. I've heard girls are much easier...I'm praying. I bought her a potty and when she takes a bath I sit her on the potty before I put her in the tub to get her used to it. My Mom tells me I was fully potty trained before I was 2, so maybe girls are easier! Good luck and feel free to share any tips that work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know it is sooo frustrating! i felt that my boys were both ready at around 2.5 but they just would NOT go in the potty. on occasion they would pee but would far more often just pee on themselves & not care at all! honestly, i just "gave up" until they both turned three...and it was SO much easier. they basically potty trained themselves because it is a LOT easier trying to reason with a 3 year old than a two year old! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover