photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, September 23, 2011

Today and a quick, easy project!

Photobucket

Harper got his first bad report from Preschool today. The teacher said that he was "aggressive" and not himself. Apparently he didn't listen to what he was told to do and had to go in time out :( It's never fun to hear that as a mommy. I guess it all boils down to Harper just having an "off" day. Here's hoping for a better day on Monday!

Fall is officially HERE! Halleluj-er. It still doesn't feel like Fall here though. Rainy and in the low 80's all weekend.

Speaking of Fall, I did a little decorating about two weeks ago. I just couldn't stand it any longer and it was one of the many things on my checklist. I wanted to decorate my entry table, but it isn't very big. Naturally, I turned to Pinterest for inspiration.

Photobucket
LOVE everything about this!

Photobucket

I decided that I wanted to find a free printable so I could just stick it in a frame I already had. Here is the one I used.
Photobucket
I don't have the exact source for this, but if you search "Free fall printables" on Pinterest, you will find tons!

Here is what I started with on my entry table (minus a lamp.)
Photobucket
Pretty boring. A white table against a white wall. I decided that I wanted to add a "Boo" banner in honor of Halloween. I shopped my house and just decided to use black construction paper instead of fabric.

I tore the thick backing off of the construction paper tablet to make a triangle.
Photobucket

Then I of course cut the triangle out of the middle of the construction paper because the edges had started to fade a bit.
Photobucket

I then just used some twine that I already had and hot glued it to the back of my three triangles.
Photobucket

I found some orange chalk and wrote "Boo" on my triangles!
Photobucket

I borrowed some pearl-topped push pins from one of my unfinished shadowboxes to hang it on the wall. I printed off another "Boo" printable from Pinterest and added my $5 drug store pumpkin.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm pretty happy with it, but I still feel like it needs something. What would you suggest? I'd like to add spookier branches or even some wheat/hay-type of foliage. That is definitely on the bottom of my priority list right now though :)

Happy Fall Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover