photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tough Weekend.

This past Friday, I received a phone call from my mom informing me that a close family friend had unexpectedly passed away. Please be in prayer for Lindsay, her sister and their mom. I grew up with both of these girls and consider their dad my "second" dad. To say that I was/am devastated is an understatement. I cannot imagine what they are going through and I am so sad and disappointed that I can't physically be there to support them right now. My heart hurts so much for this family. They truly need our prayers.

This weekend has really been tough, but my mom and dad drove down yesterday and surprised us with a short visit and then left early this morning. Harper certainly enjoyed the attention although he's very camera shy right now.
Photobucket

Today started off pretty low key. Jimmy slept late and then I roused him up to see what he wanted to do today. Can you tell how happy he was about that?
Photobucket

I suggested a picnic at the park, so we decided on McAllister's for lunch. I tried their Grilled Chipotle Chicken sandwich and honestly, it just wasn't that great :(


We didn't quite make it a "picnic" today by taking the food to the park. Instead, we ate outside on the patio and talked about the week ahead. Jimmy will officially be done with work this Tuesday and taking 5 weeks (not 4 like I thought) off. I am ECSTATIC.

We headed to the park and watched Harper join right in with the other kids playing. (I promise there were other kids there.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tried to get a picture with Harper, but as usual, he was just too busy for me :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out that bellybutton.
Photobucket

Harper wore himself out and that made us very happy.
Photobucket

Afterward, we ran to Dick's Sporting Goods and Jimmy used a gift card to get Harper a soccer ball set. We all came home and napped for about 2 1/2 hours so it was dark by the time he put it together. I'll have to get a picture of that sometime this week!

I am still hanging in there at 38 weeks. For the majority of my pregnancy, I've been thinking that I'd make it all the way to my scheduled c-section, but secretly hoped that I wouldn't. It looks like she is going to hang in there until Halloween. I have absolutely no symptoms pointing to labor right now. My mom calls me about 3 times a day to ask me how I'm feeling. It's so funny. We are all very excited and ready. I have definitely reached the point where I try to do most everything from a sitting position. Walking is very painful too :)

Tomorrow kicks off what I'm sure will be an emotional week for me. Not only am I reeling from the news I received on Friday, I'm also semi-sad that this will be the last week that we spend together as a family of 3. I know that Harper could really care less that he has a baby sister on the way. He will probably never remember life without her and I kind of like it that way :) I expect some regression from him when things calm down, but overall I think he is going to be a great big brother. Any sadness I have is quickly replaced with excitement because we are so excited to meet Hollin!

Happy Sunday,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your prayers. Your parents have been so wonderful. You mom picked up some stuff that Megan and I needed.....and we knew she knew exactly what we needed....she didn't disappoint. :) seeing them has brought a lot of comfort to us. Daddy thought the world of you. He loved you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover