photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An OB lesson and randoms.

I went to the Dr. this morning.. a week and a half after my last appointment. I was really excited because I just knew that there would be some major progess to report.

Eh, not really.

I am still only 1 1/2cm dilated. 70% effaced and at station +1. She also said that my cervix is posterior.

I was trying to explain all of this to my mom and was having a hard time putting it into words. You may recall that both my brother and I are adopted which obviously means that my mom didn't give birth to us. What has been so neat about my pregnancies is that they have been a learning experience for both of us! It's been really fun sharing all of this with her.

In an effort to clarify what the Dr. was saying (for both of us), I sent her the following diagrams. I know what dilation is, but I was fuzzy on the effacement and station part.






After I emailed them to her, I called to make sure she got them. She told me, "Well honey no wonder it hurts when you walk!"
____________________________________________________________________________________
In other news, I could make sleeping my full time job. I went to bed around 11pm last night (early for me), took a 2 hour nap today and will be back in the bed right after Harper's bedtime at 8pm. I really should try to clean up a little more around here at night but I just don't have the energy. Jimmy will be done with work by tomorrow morning and will sleep most of the day. After that, he will be home for the next 5 weeks and you best believe I will get him to help me out with the cleaning for the next few days :) I know he is thrilled.

I think I have watched this movie at least 50 times in the last two weeks.


It really is a cute movie and it could be worse. Harper could be obsessed with a much more annoying movie I suppose. I can't lie and say that I'm not a little tired of it though :)

Guess what he is going to be for Halloween?


Yes, Thomas the Tank Engine. I tried to put the costume on him a few days ago and he loudly protested. I really hope he has an attitude adjustment by Monday night because Lord help the person who takes him trick-or-treating :) If he refuses to wear it, then I know what he will be next year!

That's all for today folks.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, we have watched Cars literally every.single.night for the past several months. Thankfully the new Pooh movie just came out, so that's her current obsession. We bounce between The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Cars, and now the new Winnie the Pooh movie. I'm ready for Cars 2 to come out so we can at least see a new Cars movie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover