This one is all over the place folks, so hang with me.
My anxiety is slowly creeping in as I wait for Wednesday night to arrive. My sweet hubby is headed back to work and I will be on my own for the majority of the day while he sleeps. Then, he will be gone all night. He'll work Wednesday and Thursday night and will have the weekend off. The next week will be opposite and he will work Monday and Tuesday night, off Wednesday and Thursday, then work Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. And so begins our "normal" life again.
I've mentioned many times on my blog that he has requested to be transferred to a day shift. He requested many months ago. Needless to say, it hasn't happened. I know one day it will, but I'm very nervous about handling the kiddos by myself nearly all day and all night for days on end.
On the other hand, I'm sort of ready to fall into a schedule again. Harper does much better when he knows what's coming next. I'm also interested in seeing how Hollin will fall into a schedule along with us. It's been a free-for-all for nearly 5 weeks!
Speaking of my sweet girl, she is 4 weeks old today! Annnnd...this is the first smile we've captured on camera :)

I am trying so hard to get the hang of my new camera. This picture would have been much better if it wasn't blurry!
Here she is last week at 3 weeks old. I won't even get into how quickly she is growing. Let's just say it's almost time to say bye bye to her newborn clothes :(

Poor thing has dry skin and has broken out with baby acne all over. Harper did exactly the same thing at the same time! Jimmy and I still can't get over how much she looks like her brother. We put her in one of his old onesies today and it was like looking at him as a baby all over again.
All kinds of "growing up" has been going on around here these days. Harper has now been to bed for the past week without his paci! We had tried to break him of this habit many times, but it always seemed to fall at a bad time. The first time was back in May when he had surgery and then we tried again awhile before Hollin was born. He just wouldn't let it go, so we let him have it until after she was here. He had chewed the rubber part of the paci until there was a hole, so we simply told him that they were "broken." He didn't throw too much of a fit and each time he would ask, we would tell him the same thing. Yesterday, I threw them away. Very bittersweet.
Hollin has been nursing what seems like every hour today. Tonight after her bath, she became almost frantic and I just didn't have anything left. I made her two ounces of formula because I can't stand the thought of her being hungry. She didn't eat much at all and then finally settled down. I will go into a little more detail about her in her one month post!
Tomorrow, we are off to Target for some under-armor type clothes for Jimmy's uniforms. After that, I guess we'll just hang out on our last full day of daddy- leave!
Goodnight,
My anxiety is slowly creeping in as I wait for Wednesday night to arrive. My sweet hubby is headed back to work and I will be on my own for the majority of the day while he sleeps. Then, he will be gone all night. He'll work Wednesday and Thursday night and will have the weekend off. The next week will be opposite and he will work Monday and Tuesday night, off Wednesday and Thursday, then work Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. And so begins our "normal" life again.
I've mentioned many times on my blog that he has requested to be transferred to a day shift. He requested many months ago. Needless to say, it hasn't happened. I know one day it will, but I'm very nervous about handling the kiddos by myself nearly all day and all night for days on end.
On the other hand, I'm sort of ready to fall into a schedule again. Harper does much better when he knows what's coming next. I'm also interested in seeing how Hollin will fall into a schedule along with us. It's been a free-for-all for nearly 5 weeks!
Speaking of my sweet girl, she is 4 weeks old today! Annnnd...this is the first smile we've captured on camera :)

I am trying so hard to get the hang of my new camera. This picture would have been much better if it wasn't blurry!
Here she is last week at 3 weeks old. I won't even get into how quickly she is growing. Let's just say it's almost time to say bye bye to her newborn clothes :(

Poor thing has dry skin and has broken out with baby acne all over. Harper did exactly the same thing at the same time! Jimmy and I still can't get over how much she looks like her brother. We put her in one of his old onesies today and it was like looking at him as a baby all over again.
All kinds of "growing up" has been going on around here these days. Harper has now been to bed for the past week without his paci! We had tried to break him of this habit many times, but it always seemed to fall at a bad time. The first time was back in May when he had surgery and then we tried again awhile before Hollin was born. He just wouldn't let it go, so we let him have it until after she was here. He had chewed the rubber part of the paci until there was a hole, so we simply told him that they were "broken." He didn't throw too much of a fit and each time he would ask, we would tell him the same thing. Yesterday, I threw them away. Very bittersweet.
Hollin has been nursing what seems like every hour today. Tonight after her bath, she became almost frantic and I just didn't have anything left. I made her two ounces of formula because I can't stand the thought of her being hungry. She didn't eat much at all and then finally settled down. I will go into a little more detail about her in her one month post!
Tomorrow, we are off to Target for some under-armor type clothes for Jimmy's uniforms. After that, I guess we'll just hang out on our last full day of daddy- leave!
Goodnight,







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!