photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Thanksgiving 2011

This year, I am thankful for so many things. I'm thankful for my faith, great parents and in-laws, a sweet, hard-working husband with a steady job, a precious two and a half year old who loves mommy and daddy unconditionally and seems to really like his new baby sister!


We are especially thankful for our little princess who has brought so much joy into our lives. I wasn't sure how I could love anyone as much as I love my Harper, but it is possible :)

Here she is in her tutu dress on Thanksgiving day.
Photobucket

I wanted so badly to get a family photo of the four of us, but it was a very hectic morning of cooking and keeping up with our two little ones over at my mom and dad's house. We had their help of course, but it still wasn't easy. Hollin had been up more than she has been since she was born and I didn't get much sleep. I slept late on Thanksgiving morning which threw everything off!

I made macaroni and cheese bites and a REALLY great dessert. I will have to make that again. It's very easy.

One box of brownies crumbled at the bottom of your dish
Three boxes of chocolate pudding layered on top
One tub of Cool Whip on top of the pudding
Two Heath bars crumbled on top of the Cool Whip.


My Nanny and PaPa came over for a few minutes to meet baby girl and it was so great to see them. I wish I could have visited a little more with them before they had to leave.
Photobucket

We headed over to my cousin's house and here are a few pics from our lunch :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was so excited for all of my family to meet sweet Hollin!

We stayed for lunch and then hit the road to come back and eat dinner at Jimmy's dad's house. We made great time and the dinner was absolutely delicious. I was so tired that I only got one photo of Hollin and her great-grandma Hyde.
Photobucket

The day after Thanksgiving, Jimmy and I decided not to leave the house. Black Friday is just not our cup of tea, especially with a three week old :) We pulled down the Christmas decorations and I put up a few things. We were so tired from Thanksgiving that we stayed in our PJ's all day!
Photobucket

I tried to listen to my favorite Christmas CD while Harper insisted that we watch "Cars" yet again :) I have listened to this CD every year while decorating for Christmas for as long as I can remember. My mom gave it to me a few years ago and I listen to it nearly every day. It just puts me in the Christmas spirit!
Photobucket

Harper's self-made T-shirt Toga.
Photobucket

Today we ventured out to Lowe's and got a really great deal on a pre-lit tree. We put that up tonight and a few other things. Jimmy also finished our outside decorations.
Photobucket

We ended the night on a really high note when after about 763 tries in the last year and a half, Harper finally ate spaghetti!!!!!
Photobucket

Goodnight,


2 comments:

  1. I love her cute little dress. Yay for Harper finally eating Spaghetti. That picture of Daddy and Hollin sleeping is just precious. :) So glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! :) I am a new follower of your blog! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover