photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hollin is one month old!

I can't believe it's been a month. It took me a minute to realize how I needed to go about these monthly updates because she was born on October 31st. I decided that I need to post her updates on the 30th for those months that don't have 31 days!

Hollin, you are a month old. Words can't describe how happy I am to have a sweet baby girl in my life. I just can't stop holding, cuddling and kissing your sweet little head all day . I am soaking in every moment with you!

Mommy is not a photographer by any means, but she tried to get some pretty pictures of you today with your new sock monkey. The monkey was a gift from my Uncle Brett and Aunt Jackie. Your brother also received one from them when he was a baby. The onesie stickers are a sweet gift from Amy H.
Photobucket

This is a picture of your big brother at one month old. You are definitely siblings :)
Photobucket

You are such a pretty girl. Even when you can't hold your head up and make inappropriate hand gestures.
Photobucket

Your 0-3 month onesies (like this one) fit perfectly, but you have outgrown your newborn clothes!
Photobucket

Tonight was daddy's first night back at work, so we snapped a photo of you two on your one month birthday. It's kinda blurry because daddy was running late and I had to hurry :)
Photobucket

Speaking of daddy, you are definitely daddy's little girl! We have tried a few sleeping arrangements and your favorite is snuggled right next to daddy. You sleep great during the day in your bassinet, but at night you don't really sleep at all unless you are snuggled up to one of us.

Mommy tried to take a picture of you beside your "Baby's First Christmas" stocking (courtesy of G-ma) and kept getting lots of ugly shadows. I think we may try again tomorrow in the daylight. Your big brother was trying to comfort when you got upset by giving you your paci back.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was time for acrobatics on your rocker.
Photobucket

You are still wearing newborn diapers and are eating on demand.

You've had very little formula and the last time we tried to give you some, you didn't like it.

You sleep a lot during the day and then wake up around 6-7pm.

You are very alert at night and then settle down after you've eaten.

You wake up anywhere from 1-3 times a night to eat and you don't really wake up a specific time each morning yet.

You will follow the sounds of mommy, daddy and Harper's voice.

You like to look at my face and hairline when I'm holding you.

When you get really upset/hungry, you will cry hard and then snort when you breathe in. It's not funny to see you so upset, but the snorts are really cute :)

It's so funny how you will give us "hungry kisses" when you are rooting around for something to eat.

You have really sweet milk breath. I love it.

Your eyes are gray like mommy's right now.

I love letting you grasp my finger. I love your little hands and feet.

You spit up a lot more than your brother did. I think it's because you take in a lot of air when you nurse. You latch on and off a lot :)

I love you and I love being your mommy.




3 comments:

  1. Is there really anything better than that sweet milk breath? It's indescribable. :)

    So great that you are blogging this to remember it all. So important for your memories. Many of mine have faded away and it makes me so sad. (I was dealing with so many babies at one time!)

    Photog tip (and trust me...any pics, blurry, shadows or whatever are better than none!)....can you turn the flash off of your camera? (is it a point and shoot or a DSLR?) My little point and shoot does have that capability and of course my dslr does. Turning off the flash will allow the natural light to illuminate and won't create harsh shadows. Obviously, this works better during the day (go to a room with the most light...morning light is beautiful.)
    Just know that letting in natural light to the lens will slow down the shutter speed, so you may have to play with that (yours should have some sort of setting on your camera that indicates portraits, night, candlelight, indoor, behind glass...that kind of thing. I know on mine, the one for "behind glass" definitely turns the flash off.

    Worse case scenario, still use flash, but if you do it during the day when there is more light, the flash will not appear as harsh. Also, turning a pic into black & white can also often appear to save a pic that otherwise isn't great. (Though I love bw regardless.) If you don't have an editing program...try fotoflexer.com. It's free! :)

    But here's the most important thing I can say...your baby girl is beautiful! :) I know you know that, but it's always nice to hear! She really is adorable and I love the onesie stickers. So cute.

    Keep taking pics...any pics. You'll be glad you did. You can always check out iheartfaces.com - a site started by photog moms. They have great info and it's so inspiring to see pics from hundreds of moms..professional, aspiring and those who just enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 1 month already! Time flies! And she looks SO much like her big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe that she is already one month! It sounds like Miss Hollin is a lot like Bryar! He is sleeping with us too, because silly me started letting him snuggle me one night whenever I was exhausted. But I absolutely love it! Isn't that sweet milk smell just the best? Bryar does the "hungry kisses" too. He is for sure a snorty little rooter =)
    Hollin is absolutely adorable and I love that you took a picture of her and her Daddy before he went back to work! What a great memory to have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover