photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finding my groove

This post will be picture-less because I'm on low battery and have a sweet baby asleep on my chest :)

Today was my first full day with both munchkins. I knew it was going to be a long day because I was up a lot last night with Hollin. Most of my "alertness" was me, not her. I woke up over every little squeak and overall felt a little out of sorts being by myself.

I kept telling myself, "It's okay, you'll be able to nap when Harper naps tomorrow."

Guess who didn't nap today?

I don't know what is going on with my little man, but trying to get him to go to sleep is a constant struggle unless he is absolutely exhausted. Tonight, he went right to bed at 7:45pm and didn't get out once. Thank the Lord!

We had the last of our Sunday School meals brought tonight and then my cousin came to visit after our meal was dropped off.

Bless Harper's little heart. He always talks so loudly at whoever visits and tries to get their attention the whole time. While both of them were here, he threw toys from either his room or the bathroom and nearly hit each of our guests. I put him in the tub when my cousin was here in the hopes that he would stay in there and play like he always does. Fat chance. He threw wet toys all over our living room.

I feel badly that most of my posts about Harper lately involve some story of his misbehavior. At the same time, I am glad that I am documenting all of his crazy antics!

Today has just been one of those days where the stars align and chaos ensues. My phone must have rang at least 15 times and that NEVER happens.

Hollin spent more time in her bassinet that I liked because I had so much going on.

Needless to say, I am tucked into bed and calling it a night soon. Even though today was a little crazy, I am blessed to have my crazy life!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like the tiredness that comes from being a Mommy and especially a Mom to a new baby! I just have one little boy and I can't image what its like with two. For now, I will just read your insight;)
    I just found your blog and I love it. Harper is a cutie! And so is Hollin- I love that name!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover