photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hospital Days.

Forgive me while I keep things in chronological order when it comes to Hollin's birth. It's just the way I roll:)

The first night in the hospital, Jimmy stayed with Hollin and I. He was (again) the best husband in the world and stayed up all night long with her while I slept. I don't think we took any pictures because so many had been taken that day already.

On Tuesday, November 1st, my mom and dad came to stay with me while Jimmy went home to get some sleep. I enjoyed having them there, but felt bad for them because they both tried to sleep on the hard-as-a-brick futon.

Breastfeeding for Hollin and I got off to a really rought start. She nor I could really get the hang of latching on. I finally had to seek the help of a lactation consultant. She worked with us for a little while and told me that I needed to be "more aggressive" with Hollin. I know they are used to forcing babies heads in the right direction all the time, but I just couldn't handle my little girl that rough. I'm happy to report that we've finally got it down :)

That night turned out to be our roughest night. Hollin cried a lot and each time I'd try to feed her, we would both end up frustrated. My mom tried to tend to her so that I could sleep, but I couldn't sleep through the crying. I was also still in a lot of pain and was dealing with night sweats. (Those are still in full force by the way.)



After several hours of this, I finally called the nurse in to take her to the nursery. I asked her to give her a little bit of formula so that I had peace of mind that she had a full stomach. The nurse said she would give her some through a syringe so that there was no nipple confusion. I appreciated that :)

Here are some pics from the day/night that mom and dad stayed.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom and dad took Harper out for dinner and brought him back to say goodnight. We were able to get some good family pics then!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff at our Women's and Children's Center. I felt so comfortable there and the nurses were absolutely fantastic. They never made me feel bad for asking for more meds :)

Having my mom and dad here for 8 days to help out was wonderful too. I really hated to see them leave. That's okay though because they are coming back this weekend!

Up next..discharge day!


3 comments:

  1. wow, you look amazing for just having a baby! she is gorgeous! glad you got the breastfeeding down, sometimes its so frustrating at first. is your little boy happy to be a big brother? I'm Amanda by the way, cant wait to read more about your cute little family. Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the first comment! you look great after having a baby! and shes a cutie! check out my blog and feel free follow along!
    PS> I have a giveaway posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I thought I posted a comment, but its not showing up.. anyways, Im your new follower! feel free to head to my blog and follow me back!
    PS> i have a giveaway posted, so check that out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover