photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, February 17, 2012

Finding the balance

I'm throwing up the white flag for this week. Harper caught whatever I had and threw up at least 6 times a few nights ago.
Photobucket
(I took this picture just an hour before he started throwing up, poor thing.)

I have also not been feeling 100% and having stomach pain on and off. What is going on around here?!

I mentioned recently that I was going to work on getting Hollin into a routine, which I hoped would create windows of opportunity for me to clean up around here. I've just realized that it may not be that easy.
Photobucket
I know I've posted before about implementing a weekly cleaning schedule, but that fell flat almost as quickly as the idea came to me. I have been scratching my brain the past few days about how I can get on top of things. I feel like the house is a dog hair and laundry bomb on a daily basis. There are so many projects going on at any given time, that I have to make a big mess in one room to clean up another! It's so frustrating.

Not to sound complain-y, but this is what I am faced with every week.

~ Harper attends preschool on M,W,F, thus making Tuesdays and Thursdays our "free days." Free days are hard because I struggle to keep him entertained on top of tending to my very precious (but clingy) baby girl right now. He gets bored very easily and resorts to getting into things he shouldn't to keep him entertained. I spend most of my days disciplining him and then almost immediately tending to Hollin. It goes back and forth like this all day and I can't get anything done.

~ Jimmy's schedule rotates every other week. For instance this week, he worked Mon, Tues night, off all day Wed, Thurs and working Fri, Sat, Sun night. Next week it will be the exact opposite.

~ This creates a schedule that is not predictable enough to stick with. I feel that Harper and Hollin need a daily routine, but we are always doing different things based on when/how much Jimmy is here.

To make things just a little harder, I cannot seem to get Hollin to sleep for more than 45 minute stretches. She does tend to sleep longer if I put her on her stomach, but my paranoia creeps in and I can't stop checking on her long enough to get anything done.

So, I think my issue is that I want to get the babies in a routine, for their sake and for mine. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with schedules this week, but I just want something that feels "normal" for all of us. I'm not obsessed with having a squeaky clean house. I do like to break away now and then and get things done for my mental health. If it was in the budget, I would look into a cleaning service once a week! I never thought I'd would consider that because I LOVE cleaning. Does that make me weird?

Sigh.. one day I will find the balance and look back on this post and laugh. Right?

Goodnight :)

3 comments:

  1. I only have one little guy and still can't find the right schedule! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise- it gets easier. It really does. Also about tummy sleeping- both of my boys were tummy sleepers. The ped said as long as the crib is empty there's no need to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may or may not help you out...Peyton was a tummy sleeper from the beginning, and I finally gave in and flipped her over at 8 weeks. She slept through the night for the first time when I did that. BUT I was super paranoid about letting her sleep on her tummy, so I bought an Angelcare breathing monitor. It was the best $100 I've ever spent. I bought the most basic model and put it under her pack n play mattress while she was in our room then moved it to her crib.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover