I've decided that in our new house, I want to go in a new direction. I want to use colors I've never used before. I love the beachy, airy, shabby chic (to a point) look and have for years. Because I love it so much, I use a lot of light greens, blues, tans and a lot of white.
When we moved in our house, it just felt different. I knew I could make my style work with it, but it just wasn't feeling it. The old creaky floors, original cabinets and split-level look just didn't scream "beachy" to me.
An office is a place where you can take a little bit more of a risk. When we moved in, the walls were a deep gray (which I didn't mind), but the ceiling was light green the bookcase fronts were periwinkle blue.



I was feeling kind of brave, so, I really went for it. Here is the result!




The bookcases definitely aren't just right yet. I want to get some nicer storage boxes and possibly find a better set-up for the printer.



This office re-do was a labor of love! The walls are "Victory Blue." It took 4 coats to get the coverage we were looking for. Every bit of trim was painted in Ultra-White. I haven't been able to paint the doors yet. You can tell how different the trim colors are a few pictures above.
I still have a few finishing touches to go before it will be done. I'm looking for a rug and a new light fixture, but I'm not in a hurry. We love how this turned out! It feels original to the house and I love the huge map. It was a simple solution for a big wall without cramming it full of family pictures. I have plans for those in other areas.
This is how the office usually looks:)


This guy likes playing in there too.

Hope you enjoyed my little office makeover :)

When we moved in our house, it just felt different. I knew I could make my style work with it, but it just wasn't feeling it. The old creaky floors, original cabinets and split-level look just didn't scream "beachy" to me.
An office is a place where you can take a little bit more of a risk. When we moved in, the walls were a deep gray (which I didn't mind), but the ceiling was light green the bookcase fronts were periwinkle blue.



I was feeling kind of brave, so, I really went for it. Here is the result!




The bookcases definitely aren't just right yet. I want to get some nicer storage boxes and possibly find a better set-up for the printer.



This office re-do was a labor of love! The walls are "Victory Blue." It took 4 coats to get the coverage we were looking for. Every bit of trim was painted in Ultra-White. I haven't been able to paint the doors yet. You can tell how different the trim colors are a few pictures above.
I still have a few finishing touches to go before it will be done. I'm looking for a rug and a new light fixture, but I'm not in a hurry. We love how this turned out! It feels original to the house and I love the huge map. It was a simple solution for a big wall without cramming it full of family pictures. I have plans for those in other areas.
This is how the office usually looks:)


This guy likes playing in there too.

Hope you enjoyed my little office makeover :)








I love it! I agree it's easy to get into a decorating rut. Your risk paid off!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE it! Those curtains rock.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how it turned out! Those curtains are pretty great!
ReplyDeleteI loveee it! You always do such a great job!
ReplyDeleteLooks really cute! I love the blue with the white trim. Still has a nautical feel to it without being too beachy. :) I don't know how you find the time...keep rockin' it!
ReplyDelete