photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mid to late-week Randoms..

I'm admitting, hands down that I had NO earthly idea how high-maintenance a pool could be. I had heard and knew the basics, but my word. It's like taking care of a third child sometimes.  Tropical Depression Beryl did a number on it yesterday. There is a mulch bag floating in it as we speak. It's stayin' there until tomorrow.

I confess that I. am. tired. I got to thinking today that I have not had a full night's sleep in over a year and a half.  I woke up several times a night during my pregnancy from pretty early on.  Hollin is 7 months old today and she has slept through the night once.  I know that I would be a new person if I could just get 5-6 hours of straight sleep. :)

We went out to the beach and took some photos with the babies a few days ago. I think next time, I'll try to go when there is a little cloud cover. It was so hot and hard to smile through the bright sunshine.  We had fun though.
PicMonkeyCollage
I confess that I'm currently living by this mantra; "Moms can do it all, just not all at once." There are so many things around me that need to be done. Little things, like cleaning this or that, or simple loads of laundry. But, they can wait.  There are cardboard houses to be built, lived in and have mail delivered to :)   (Harper is obsessed with getting mail in his new house.) This was the special toy that he received for his 3rd birthday that I waited to pull out. It's so big it can only live in our living room!
05-29-2012021
Harper had a Dr. appt today and he had me laughing the whole time. He kept asking the Dr. what she was doing. She would nicely explain everything and that made him feel better. Even better than that... no shots today! 05-29-2012052

Hollin has been so funny lately. Here she is sporting her best Memorial Day colors. 05-29-2012018

Her little personality is really beginning to blossom. Harper was fake-burping today and she thought it was hilarious. Hearing the two of them laughing is by far the sweetest sound I've ever heard. I want to bottle it up and listen to it every day.

In other news, I am thisclose to "revealing" Harper's room. It needs just a few more finishing touches and then it will be ready. Boy has it come a long way :)

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Having two close together is not easy---especially with the lack of sleep. Mine are now 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and they are starting to play together---and I have moments (not long, but still have them) where I can sit down and drink a cup of coffee and not one of them is needing me. It's amazing!!!! Cute pictures at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain on the lack of sleep! I have a ten month old and likes to visit us at around 2am.

    I find myself yawning and drowsy at about 1pm everyday. It will get better, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I keep telling myself that sleep will come one day :) I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay it's time for action... Operation Let's Get Our Babies Sleeping Thru the Night is on like Donkey Kong. Maybe we should all research different methods and share our findings in posts. I'm desperate! I want to see more of those beach photos - I love how you styled the family - red, white & turquoise = perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - thank you! I think that is a great idea. I need some sleep, stat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover