photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Please join me in prayer

For a very special family.  You may have read/heard of my sweet friend Heather Foster's battle with lung cancer. Heather was diagnosed at 23 weeks pregnant with stage IV lung cancer. She started chemo immediately and then delivered her daughter, Elizabeth on Feb. 19th, weighing 2lb, 14oz. Heather started radiation the next day.  They have a 5 year old son, Matthew and an angel baby, Jacob, who would have been 1 on Jan. 18th.

Tonight, Heather went to be with her Lord and Savior and her precious baby boy, Jake.  She leaves behind her husband, son, baby girl and thousands of us who were touched by her story.

Even through Heather's pain and exhaustion, she ministered to others. I didn't know her very well, but she exemplified strength, courage and unfailing faith and love for God.  She is the very definition of what a Christian should be.


Heather and her family have a prayer page on Facebook and would update daily.  Respectfully, I am re-posting what her husband said tonight.  I ask that you pray for them in the days and weeks to come. 

At 7:45 tonight my beautiful wife and best friend lost her battle with cancer. I want to thank each and every one of you for all your prayers and support these past five months. You guys really helped Heather and myself with all your kind words and unbelievable generosity. Heather fought very hard and inspired me during this trying journey. As much as I already miss my wife, she is in a better place now with our son Jake. I can't wait for the day that the five of us will be together again. I love you Heather.

Brian

May God Bless this beautiful family.

 

1 comment:

  1. My heart broke when I read about her passing last night...I didn't know her, but had heard about her on facebook and the news. We have and will continue to pray for her husband and kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover