photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's in my diaper bag (and crying it out, night 2)

Last week, a few of my favorite blog mommies shared what's in their diaper bag. I thought it was such a great idea! There have been several items that I learned about through these posts.

Now that I have two kiddos, obviously the amount of stuff I need to carry has grown. I'm also much more prepared with Hollin than I was with Harper. I can't count the number of times I forgot a bottle or diapers when he was a baby.

The bags that I use are not diaper bags. They are just big purses :)  This is what works best for me, because I am pretty good and keeping things organized and I don't need a ton of pockets.
05-17-2012033
The brown Tory Burch bag is what I use almost daily. It's bigger than the black Vera Bradley. I bought the VB right after Hollin was born and quickly realized it wasn't big enough. I still use it for quick trips or if I'm wearing a lot of black and don't want to tote a brown bag.

The brown and blue paisley bags are two of my favorite items because they were part of a gift bag from my OB-Gyn. There is the bottle bag and this one that easily fits several diapers, travel size cream and powder! 05-17-2012043
Aside from the essentials, like diapers and formula, I added sunscreen and a sun hat into the mix. I have very pale babies. You may remember our big scare with Harper's freckle last year. Once I finish using this bottle, I will probably just carry a sunscreen stick or travel size. I carry around a lot of stuff, but I'm always prepared that way :)

(Here is a picture of my little pumpkin in an outfit that was mine as a baby!) 05-17-2012026 05-17-2012019
Last night was the second night in our cry-it-out saga. I'm happy to say that it went better than the first night, but still not great. Around 11pm, she woke up crying, so I went up and soothed her. She woke up 2 or 3 times around midnight and then slept until 6:15 this morning. We are really making progress! I fed her when she got up and then moved her to our bed. It was too cute not to take a pic. 05-17-2012005
This afternoon, she went down for her usual mid-day nap and slept for about an hour before waking up crying. I happened to be downstairs and decided to give her a minute to see what she'd do. Much to my surprise, she only cried for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep! I'm trying to take baby steps, but if I could ever get her to take a two hour nap during the day AND sleep through the night, I don't know what I'd do with myself. Overall, the sleep training is hard to stick with, but effective. I am really happy with the way things are going!

On a sidenote, Mr. Harper has been sick with a sore throat for two days. He hasn't been into taking photos for awhile now. This is a reminder to myself when I look back at old posts and don't see much of him :)

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Hollin's as cute as her name! Baby Mum-Mum's are a MUST, but my diaper bag is piddly compared to yours. Don't tell my husband but most days I don't even use my ridiculously overpriced diaper bag... I just throw some diapers and wipes in my purse and we're good to go {it's a good thing our town is small and I don't venture far}. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover