photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Makin' it prettier

Boy have we been a bunch of busy bees around here.   We have been spending so much time outdoors, we realized that we needed to kick it up a notch. Not to mention, up the curb appeal a little bit.

Now that we are in our forever home, I was dying to plant some flowers and things that I haven't been able to with all the moving we've done in the last few years.

06-04-2012032

My first plant of choice was a gardenia!

This is my absolute favorite. It always reminds me of my wedding day because my bouquet was maily gardenias and the scent is heavenly.
Photobucket
My next favorite is hydrangea! 06-04-2012030
No house is complete without a nice, welcoming flag. We weren't sure what kind of flag to get because my hubby isn't into all of the girly initial flags. We also didn't want something that would have to be changed with each and every season (although I wouldn't mind having a few seasonal ones.) So, we settled on the good ol' state flag. 06-04-2012025
The pool is another subject altogether. All of the concrete surrounding the pool needs to be replaced, but for now, my main focus is safety. We got some outdoor rugs to reduce the chance of stubbed toes and a few Adirondack chairs. We have also put umbrellas everywhere because there are no trees near the pool.

It gets super hot. PicMonkeyCollage
We also picked up a few of these pretty butterfly pillows at World Market. The blue furniture pictured above was given to us and then we bought the big red umbrella. I was hoping I could find some accessories to bring it all together. I think these help! I'm just loving all the bright colors. 06-04-2012054

When we bought the house, there was a huge and ridiculously heavy birdbath outside. It had a hole in the bottom of it and I just didn't know what to do with it. So, it was turned into a flower bed for now.
06-04-2012045 06-04-2012043

(Try not to pay attention to the mismatched mulch at the moment :)

I love my beautiful pink roses. They were already here as well. No work except for a little trimming and watching them bloom!

06-04-2012047



Hubby brought home some lillies from his visit to the family farm, so I planted a few of those outside. They are a bit too tall for where I planted them, so I will have to move them somewhere else :(

They are so pretty though. 06-04-2012037
In between all of the outside work, there has been Harper's big boy room transition (he needs closet doors, but I may just go ahead and post pics in the next few days. We have been working hard and trying to have fun as well. Finding that balance is hard when there are SO many things around us that need to be done. Good thing we like projects :)

Happy Monday!



2 comments:

  1. I love the pillows - they definitely bring it all together outside. And the bird bath flower bed is so pretty! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are gorgeous. And I am LOOOOVING your blog. Would you like to follow each other doll? Let me know!

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover