(Looks like I have a new office to pretty-up!)
The thought seems so foreign, exciting, nerve-wracking and it kind of makes me queasy. I am still getting everything finalized and I do not have a start date yet. I would expect to start some time next week, but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging anymore :)
I'm just a mush-up of emotions right now and I hope that getting into the groove will come easily. I'll get to the details in a minute, but I want to back up a little bit and explain how all of this came to be.
If you've been following along for awhile, then you know that my mom is living with us currently. More on that here. For the past few months, she and I have been hanging out with the babies, going places and doing things. I so needed her help during the first few months of managing two little ones because my sweet baby girl was very colicky. I couldn't put her down. I couldn't really do anything.
A few months went by and Hollin became more manageable. So did Harper. Between my mom and I, we've been handling them really well.
During these months of transition and moving to where I live, my mom will be the first to admit that she has struggled with her sense of purpose. As much as she loved being with us, she just didn't know what she was supposed to be doing. Over 600 employees at her place of employment had been laid off and she was one of them. She left her home of 60 years to come live with us while her home is being built here. Every single thing in her life has changed and I know it's been hard. She has been a trooper though.
On the flip side, I have always known that I'd re-join the ranks of working mommies at some point. I tested the waters over the last several years by putting in a few applications here and there. There were never any callbacks or interviews in return. I took a break when I was pregnant and then for awhile after Hollin was born. On a whim, I put in for a position last week that I didn't think I'd ever get, along with a few others. Over the last two weeks, I have had 4 interviews.
God was telling me that the time was right.
I am accepting a full-time position at a local bank in Commercial Lending. It was the job I thought I'd never get. It is an amazing opportunity.
This position has the potential to allow me to work around 3-4 days in the future. Once the babies are in school (sniff), I hope that my longevity with the company at that point will give me a bit more freedom with my schedule. It never hurts to plan ahead :)
My office is less than two miles from my house. All things considered, the set-up couldn't be any better. No daycare, no childcare expenses and again, my mom will be taking care of them. Not to mention, my hubby is off on alternating days each week. I can come home for lunch and most likely get off early on Fridays. We will of course observe all bank holidays. I just can't get over how awesome this is and how thankful I am.
Obviously, my mom will be at home with the babies during the day. This situation is beneficial on so many levels. Now, we all have a specific job to do and I know that it will work really well.
It goes without saying that I am nervous, but more excited than anything. I've definitely had a few emotional moments, but I am being patient with myself. Please say a prayer for me over the next few days as we finalize all the details.
I am so thankful for the time I spent at home with my babies. It's time for a new chapter in our lives and it's one that we are all very excited about.
Onward to new opportunities!









I am so excited for you! It is great to be close to home and you have a great babysitter! I know it will help her a lot too! We have all been through quite a few life changes in the past few years and it is about time we find our new places and settle down a bit. Love you all and cant wait to come visit again!
ReplyDeletecongratulations! what a great opportunity! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the job!!! That is awesome! I'm currently sending out resumes too :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, you'll do great! Although I miss my girl while I'm at work, it's really nice to get away and have some non child related adult interaction lol. Having them with your Mom will help make it more enjoyable as well since you won't be stressed about who's keeping them ( I speak from experience!). Good luck!!"
ReplyDelete