photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Master Bedroom Ideas

I have been doing a LOT of thinking about how I'd like to decorate our bedroom. If anyone else out there is like us, then your bedroom tends to suffer the most decor-wise while the rest of this house is done.

Hardly anyone sees my bedroom, so it's been low on the priority list.

Until now :)

The bedroom right now is just blah. I don't really love being in that space. It's a large room and very un-cozy at the moment. I recently found a can of paint in our garage that matches the color of the walls in there. Wanna know what color it is?

Silver Sage by Restoration Hardware. Remember a few years back when it was ALL.the.rage?

It's a nice color, but in a large room, it feels so cold. It doesn't really flow with the color of furniture that we have.  I thought I would try to create a moodboard to see how some things would come together. Here is my first attempt :)

Bedroom

We have decided on a wall color and although it looks kind of dark, I think it will cozy-up the room a bit. It is "The Heights" by Valspar.  We already have the Pottery Barn duvet, so I want to incorporate touches of red through the pillows and flowers.  Our side tables are red at the moment, but I would love to replace them with mirrored ones. I think the monogrammed letters are so cute and would look nice above our headboard. 

I'm not sure if hubby or myself would have the time or patience, but I love the look of this stencil! I think we'd only add it to the wall behind the headboard.
Source: hgtv.com via Ashlynn on Pinterest

I also LOVE this canopy, but I don't think I could get hubby on board for something so girly:)

 
There are tons of walls to be painted, but I am excited to get started! It always pays off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover