The next day was a bit harder. I went home for lunch, and when I left, Harper ran to the front steps and waved goodbye, like he does when daddy goes to work. I cried all the way back to work and had to compose myself before I walked back into my office. Jimmy was off work these two days and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were in good hands. It was just emotional having to see them and then leave them in the middle of the day.
On Friday, my mom was here and Jimmy went back to work. Friday was her first full day with both of them and she did great. I came home at lunch again and found her doing the babies' laundry! How nice?!
Last week was my first full week. It was mentally exhausting. My boss's supervisor gave me permission to leave at lunch time this past Friday if I wanted, but I chose not to. I was overwhelmed with work to do and wanted to get a few things done before I went home. I didn't get home until after 5pm.
I've had a few moments of anxiety and sadness, but on the flip side, I am really proud of myself. The transition back to work has been made easy because I know that the babies are well taken care of and getting LOTS of attention. There have been no incidents from Harper that would signal to me that he is having a hard time. They have done really, really well.
Right now, the job is overwhelming. I know it's normal and I know that once I get the hang of everything, I will really love it.
I know I had mentioned taking pics of what I wore each day, but this was the only day I remembered to take a photo! I think this was my second day. I am really trying to make the clothes that I already have work, but I am going to have to go shopping. My top is from a local boutique, pants are American Eagle. Wedges are Banana Republic and the two layered necklaces were my Mother's Day present last year from hubby. You can't really see it, but I'm wearing my lucky bracelet from Things Remembered. It has two hearts - one for each baby and their birthday. I wear it almost everyday :) Harper always says, "Can I see my heart?" :)
This week, my boss will be gone for three days and I plan to take some pics of my office to share! I would have before now, but I didn't want him to think I was completely nuts. The office is a bit manly and very bank-ey, but I did treat myself to a few girly things before my first day.
(This calendar is really awesome. I am loving it so much.)
I have been writing notes and names to remember in this notebook. Gotta love Lilly!
I think the one thing that I'm having a hard time with is dinner. I forget to thaw something or throw something in the crockpot in the mornings. We've been eating out a lot this past week and that's not something I want to do a lot of. I'll get the hang of it :)
Tomorrow starts a new week. Gotta get some things ready!











what cute planners! and you look great in your work clothes! :) I'm sure the adjustment is hard for you, but it sounds like it's going great for your kiddos! yay!
ReplyDeletesounds like you are doing great! go girl!
ReplyDeleteI've been working full time with a little one for her entire 2 yrs and I still mess up the dinner thing at least 1 week a month, don't stress about it :-)
ReplyDelete