We FINALLY made it out to the Pumpkin Patch!
It wasn't without its challenges though. Taking two little ones to a place with so many distractions was a little chaotic, but we had a good time anyway.
Call us crazy, but we ended up going to two different patches. The first one was the one we go to every year. It was SO packed. There was a field trip going on and the school kids made it pretty difficult to get a picture. Anywhere. They also had very little to choose from as far as pumpkin selection this year. Either they were the teeny 50 cent ones or the massive 50 dollar ones.
The best part was being able to convince Harper to be in a picture with Hollin!
No smiles, but I'll take it :)
We left without buying any pumpkins, which I felt kinda guilty about.
We drove just a few minutes away to a different patch and there was no one there!
I wanted a picture with both babies, but Harper just wouldn't have it. Oh well.
I could not get over how beautiful their mums were! I don't know what the secret is. I bought mine three weeks ago or so and it looks so bad.
We collected a few pumpkins and headed out. Harper decided to be a helper.
Later that evening after Hollin went to bed, I broke out the Sharpies for pumpkin decorating! Harper's face just cracked me up. He's like, "Are you sure I can use this?"
The next day, I can say I "completed" a project that had been nagging me for awhile. Way back when, I blogged about my beach fence inspiration. My hubby and I attempted our own version of it and I liked the way it turned out. (Forgive the blurry photos - I was having camera issues at the time :)
Since we've moved into our 1960's fixer-upper, the fence has lived in our upstairs hallway.
I wanted to add pictures somehow, but I wanted A LOT of them. I had seen some cute frames with ribbons attached at Michael's. They were $8 a piece and it would have gotten really expensive.. I knew I could make something comparable, but time was really the biggest problem.
So, it was nothing a little baker's twine and clothespins couldn't fix!


Sorry for the less-than-stellar photo. I really love it and it's so fun to walk by and look at those sweet faces :)
Happy Monday!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!