Ya'll, things are just busy. It's a good busy, but still.... just busy.
You may remember a few posts back when we had our plumbing issue. The water that spilled out from the bathroom toilet did a bit of damage to our kitchen floors. The previous owners had installed engineered hardwoods, so they buckled pretty quickly and looked really bad.
We filed a claim with our homeowners insurance and lo and behold, we were approved to have the entire kitchen floor replaced! We have selected flooring that will match the existing, original hardwood floors throughout the house and we are so thrilled that things will look more cohesive when it's all over.
During the process, we decided to have the same hardwoods installed in our teeny, tiny downstairs bathroom. I didn't necessarily mind the tile that was there, but since it was already being done in the kitchen directly off the bathroom, then why not?
What I didn't realize was that in order for hardwoods to go down in the bathroom, the tiled walls would have to be ripped out about a foot above the floor. No biggie, right?
I left to go get my hair done on Saturday and came back to this:
What I dont have a picture of is the fully-gutted, down-to-the-studs project.
My living room currently looks like this:
Apparently, my husband thought that since we had to rip out about a foot of the tile, then why not go ahead and rip out all of it? Again, it was something we had wanted to do at some point, but somehow getting our floors replaced has turned into a guest-bath remodel.
We have enjoyed a cute little blonde-haired helper around here.
The crew is coming tomorrow to rip out the floors that you see above. With the Thanksgiving holiday, they won't be back to install the new floors until Friday. So, we will be walking around on subflooring for several days.
I know the end result will be worth it! Thank goodness we are traveling this year and not hosting at our home :)
We have a busy week ahead, but we are looking forward to the improvements!













oh my goodness. Nothing like a surprise total gut, haha. Well, I am sure everything will be beautiful when it's all over :)
ReplyDelete