We may be in the minority here, but we worked pretty hard on July 4th! It was not a full day of BBQs or pool parties. This year, the fourth fell on one of Jimmy's days off before a long weekend of working, so we had to take advantage of the time :)
We finally bit the bullet and bought a pallet of stones, 10 bags of mulch, landscaping fabric to start our retaining wall at the front of Casa Cushing. The babies had fun playing in all of the hiding areas at Lowes.
I do not have any pics of our progress so far. I was so busy with the little ones, I didn't even think about it.
I ran out to get Hollin some shoes and I couldn't help but laugh at her. I tried to take the bag away from her and she gave me the stink-eye. She would NOT let go! She took them out of the box and was trying to put them on the whole way home.
We scrubbed up and headed out for a little get-together at Jimmy's mom's and step-dad's fabulous new home. It started at 5pm and I'm not gonna lie. I got my shower at 2:50. I hope someone else out there with two little ones says they have to start getting ready that soon too??
The babies were so tired form the day already, they fell asleep on the way there.
It was hot as blazes of course, but we sweat while wearing our pretty outfits!
(my hair and humidity will forever be headlocked.)
Hollin was obsessed with the cooler with apple juice in it. She brought us 4 boxes to open. At one point, she handed one to Harper and he said, "Here, I will help you." He is such a good brother. Most of the time :)
Then they got into the water hose. And got filthy :)
Smile with G-Pa!!
I just love these two stinkers so much!! 4 and 20 months is busy, but so fun :)
And my bigfoot husband too :)
We headed home to put the baby down for the night and went back out to Downtown Wilmington to watch the HUGE fireworks show over the Cape Fear River. We were invited to sit on some friends of the family's 60ft Catamaran. This boat was amazing. I wish I had taken a photo of how huge it was. We had SO much fun and watching Harper's face was the best part!!!
I am definitely not good at taking pics of fireworks!
We hope you had a fantastic Fourth of July!!!!























No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!