I mentioned recently that my sweet husband was going to be baptized soon and Sunday, July 28th was the big day.
At our church, we see lots of testimonial videos that leave us with our jaws on the floor. It's amazing what people go through. He was worried that his testimony wouldn't compare. But that's the beauty of it.
There are so many people just like him.
The video that he filmed really speaks for itself, so there is no need for me to ramble on. Words cannot express how proud I am of him and how far he has come in his walk with God.
And yes, I cried through the whole thing :)
I took lots of pics on his special day so that we could remember all of the special details!
Before church



Jimmy and I talked with Harper a few times and asked him if he wanted to see daddy be baptized or go to his class. We explained to him that daddy would be dunked in a tub to show everyone how much he loves Jesus! At first, Harper said he wanted to go to class, but then changed his mind. We prepared him for the very loud music too. This was his face the whole time.

I couldn't help but giggle. At the same time though, it was so precious to see him take it all in and I hope that he understood what was going on the best way a four year old can. He kept putting his little hands on his hips awkwardly because I just think he didn't know what else to do! Bless his heart.

Here is everyone after the service!

Before church



Jimmy and I talked with Harper a few times and asked him if he wanted to see daddy be baptized or go to his class. We explained to him that daddy would be dunked in a tub to show everyone how much he loves Jesus! At first, Harper said he wanted to go to class, but then changed his mind. We prepared him for the very loud music too. This was his face the whole time.

I couldn't help but giggle. At the same time though, it was so precious to see him take it all in and I hope that he understood what was going on the best way a four year old can. He kept putting his little hands on his hips awkwardly because I just think he didn't know what else to do! Bless his heart.

Here is everyone after the service!

No major life occurrence goes un-inked for Jimmy, so of course, he has a special place for this day on his arm.

What an amazing day :)
Happy Wednesday,








love it. & your dress for church was so cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm still hanging on to the chevron :)
DeleteWhat a wonderful testimony! Praise the Lord!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of Jimmy and for the influence you've had on him Ashlynn. Keep up the good work. Cathy
ReplyDeleteSo proud of Jimmy and happy for him. Wonderful testimony. I know you've been a great positive influence in his life Ashlynn. Keep up the good work. Cathy J Wells
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathy :) you are so sweet. I tried to encourage him but make sure that it was his walk and not mine. I'm so proud of him:)
DeleteThanks Catie! We are all so happy for him!
ReplyDeleteThat made me cry too! I Love Baptisms! I love hearing everyone's story of how they met Jesus! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThank you Charity! It's so exciting to see him begin this journey and I get to go with him :)
DeleteYay! I love that he got a tattoo to comemerate such an amazing day.
ReplyDeleteHe does love tattoos hahah. He gets one every time there is a major event in his life! I love it too :)
DeleteWhat a powerful video!
ReplyDeleteThanks Paige :)
Delete