photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, October 4, 2013

5 on Friday

Hello Friends! It's that time of the week again. Oh how I love Fridays, especially when the hubby is off work every other one :) Harper does not have school on Fridays and the weather gorgeous. How much more could I ask for?


Let's get to business!



1. {Makeover!}
First things first, there are some fun things happening on the blog! As an early birthday present, my sweet hubs ordered me a new blog design. I'm not sure when it will be up, but I am over-the-moon excited and it will be a lot cleaner, fresher and easier to look at than these stripes.  But I still love me some stripes ya'll.




2. {That little project I forgot to take pictures of}
A few weeks ago, I gave a little sneak-peek of a space I was trying to do something with on my front porch and then never showed the final product.





(Front porch light is broken)

 I LOVE this little thing. It's an old window from our own house before we had them replaced. Two coats of chalkboard paint and boom, there you go. People leave messages for us too which is super cute and convenient.




3. {Fall=Football}
My husband is not big into Football whatsoever. Which I think is kinda weird being that he is 6'5 manly Police Officer. Baseball was his thing :) But, he is being a sweetheart and taking me to a football game at his high school, at my request. I just want to go and get that experience this year, it's been too long. And maybe a little stadium food :)



4. {How you know you're married to a cop}
I actually thought about starting a "series" on this. Sometimes it's hilarious, gory or sad to hear about some of the things Jimmy sees during the day.  Our dinner conversations would scare people, I think.

There was a guy with Federal warrants running around somewhere near our neighborhood. Sable is the Police helicopter. Convo between Jimmy and I:


Just a normal day around here.




5. {Coolest Birthday ever.}

Miss Hollin's 2nd birthday is coming for my Halloween baby! I cannot believe she is going to be 2!! Last year's party was pretty elaborate (for us) and I vowed this year we would scale back a bit. I can't make up my mind about when/where to have it. I gotta get on that.  The type-A part of me wants to craft and Pinterest and really put something cute together. The tired momma part of me is exhausted just thinking about that.


I hope you've had a fantastic week! What kind of things do you have planned for the weekend?

Be sure to link up with Natasha, Darci and the gang for 5 on Friday!








15 comments:

  1. I have the same doormat as you! I love it! Your blog is so cute - new follower from Five on Friday...can't wait to see the new blog design {I'm fond of pink and I see that's in your choices!} www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there will be pink! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. hollin's outfit?!! PRECIOUS. eeee!! and loving the chalkboard by the front door. what a fun idea!!! keeping that one in my back pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It kind of made the front porch a little more "homey" and the babies like to doodle on it :)

      Delete
  3. New to your blog! Love your front porch and lil Miss Hollin is darling!! Cant wait to read more! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Hollin is a mess, always :) I hope you have a great weekend to!

      Delete
  4. i thought my gal would be doomed to halloween themed birthday parties for life. not so! :) she was born on october 30th and will be one. yikes! also...so excited for your new blog look. i need to redo mine quicker than quick. it makes me cringe. anyway...thought i would show some link-up love! new reader!

    find me at bloglovin' - http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3264152

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karli! I'll admit, I'm having a hard time coming up with themes other than halloween related :) How sweet that your little one will be 1? It goes by way too fast. It's not fair :)

      Delete
  5. Your front porch looks so cute! A new blog design sounds exciting, too. New follower on bloglovin'. -Andrea :) www.handandtheheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It would look even cuter if I could get that porch light fixed :)

      Delete
  6. Love that chalkboard window! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love free projects :) :)

      Delete
  7. Just found your blog and love this post! I love the chalkboard idea and that ppl can write you notes if they pop over when you aren't home. Brilliant! And your little one is so cute and I adore her name! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!! I love chalkboard on just about everything :)

      Delete
  8. OK so if you start doing the cop texts, I will totally contribute LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover