photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Home Tour : {Formal Living Room}

I have been wanting to do a tour of our little nest, so I thought I would start off with the "formal" living room.   I use the term "formal" very loosely.

This is the one room in the house that I don't know what to do with. It is a very long room with lots of potential space for two seating areas, but I just can't sort it all out.  We are planning to add some built-in shelving on either side of the fireplace to give the room that balance we think it needs :)  I should definitely call this room "in progress" because it's one of the few spaces we've barely touched since moving in.


{Here is where we started on move-in day, with the nasty, smelly shag carpet}
 photo 290c0016-f5fb-46ec-99bb-6a61da6ef627_zps0f057dde.jpg

{Installed new carpet}
 photo dfaf48bd-7ce0-4735-b1d7-7cf407c2b3d5_zps5dff4641.jpg


 photo d63d2408-d16e-4595-a7e4-e6eb37dcee3a_zps05c3ff24.jpg


Here is my lovely fireplace that I simply cannot wait to use!!  Nevermind the candle holder in there with no candles.

 photo fd9db439-896b-49d2-a4e2-827d89799755_zps3733953e.jpg

We still have a lot of work to do in here, but we love the big space for hosting parties and cozying up with the family at Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love your mantle. I want a big white boxed-in mantle around our fireplace - yours is amazing. Love the Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover