photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, November 8, 2013

5 on Friday


Life was a little crazy last weekend, so I skipped the link-up. But, I'm back with a few randoms from my week!!



{1. Hair Repair}
You all know how hard it is to break up with your hair stylist, right? I had to say bye-bye to mine last week because she kept moving further out of town :( It was nothing personal at all.  I was spending an hour in driving time every 6 weeks and just couldn't keep that up. I went to a new stylist on Tuesday and really got the skinny on my hair. It was wrecked, let's just put it that way. I LOVE the way it turned out!


 photo db1ccb1f-15b6-43d3-94c2-b55863eafcd6_zpse5b83b46.jpg

I tried to get a front view after my appointment, but my assistant really wanted the picture to be blurry :)
 photo 13f27756-2315-4462-bf7e-16d179f66c45_zps7a298285.jpg


{2. My heart}
On a daily basis, I try really hard to be present and enjoy every moment with my little ones. Even on our challenging days.  I was going through my phone and found a few pictures that just melted my heart. I love them so stinkin' much!!
 photo b84e70e4-27e0-4e1c-8110-b41f52066d8b_zpsfd9db63b.jpg

{3.Ouch}
I PROMISE you guys I will not update constantly and talking about my new gym-going habits, but I just have to put it out there; It hurts.  I took my first ab class today and I am feeling it for sure.  Oddly enough, I like being sore though :)


{4. "Aha" Moment}
For an embarrassingly long amount of time, I have been struggling with keeping Hollin happy so that I can get dressed, brush my teeth, etc.  In a moment of desperation last week, I threw a Youtube video montage of (you guessed it) babies on the laptop for her.  WHY didn't I think of this sooner? 15 minutes of silence and happiness for Miss Priss. 
 photo c0c3e464-824a-4712-8eeb-46bf7ad18af6_zps972855b6.jpg

{5. Home Tour}
I have not forgotten about the tour of Casa Cushing that I started last week! I will resume next Tuesday and will post a new room each week until I've gone through all of them. It's so fun for me to look back and see the before and afters. I hope you all will see how much love and sweat we've put in around here :) :)


 Be sure to check out and link up with Darci, Natasha and the gang for 5 on Friday!







12 comments:

  1. looking forward to more home tour fun, girlie!!! and your hair looks ROCKIN! i love it!!!! beauty!
    happy friday!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise, you are so sweet, as always :) I hope you have an awesome weekend and your guest room looks AH-mazing!

      Delete
  2. Love that room and the paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's one of my favorite rooms in the house :)

      Delete
  3. Being a SAHM is the best...love being there for all the little moments. No shame in youtube! I put it on every time I clip my son's fingernails, or especially if he's being extra clingy and I need to get dinner going. Also, love your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I have probably been using the laptop too much, now that I know it works :) Thanks for saying hi!

      Delete
  4. Your hair is gorgeous! Mine always gets SO dry no matter what brand of expensive shampoo I use. :( I wish it looked like it did after I left the salon every day. LOVE your entryway and the stripes! I've been trying to find a place for a chalkboard wall and haven't yet. Hopefully soon! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie :) I have dry hair too on the ends, but it gets oily on top pretty quickly. Ugh, it never ends. Happy Friday to you!

      Delete
  5. I love a good home tour ... can't wait!

    Thanks SO much for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! I love this link up every week :)

      Delete
  6. Your house is so stinkin cute! I'm finally get back into the blog world and love looking at the pics you put up. It makes me want to do a serious overhaul in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. We have been doing something on it nearly every day for 2 years and still have a long way to go! Glad to see you're back! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover