photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

Manly Monday pt. 4 : Marriage (Pros and Cons)

I thought I would take a few minutes today and share my thoughts on marriage.
I've never been one of those guys that was scared of the idea of marriage.  I've always known that I wanted to settle down and start a family.  

 From the first time I laid eyes on Ashlynn in Chemistry class, I was done.  Nothing else mattered.  Too bad I was too chicken to talk to her for like 3 months.  She was the one, no doubt about it.  We hadn't spoken a word but I knew she would be my wife, whether she liked it or not...just kidding.  I didn't know where she was from.. what she did for fun.. if she was even single.. what she liked to eat (very important)...but I knew I loved her.  I saw us together and I wasted no time. I put a ring on that in six months time.

So we've been rocking the married life for six years now and it's everything I could have ever wanted.  I married my best friend and I am so thankful to her for molding me into the husband and father I am today.

 photo aeafd4a1-d58c-45ee-97dd-1e9ffb135aa5_zps3acecbdf.jpg
Married life does have its ups and downs I've learned.  So what better way to put some thoughts out there than a little pros & cons list!!!

Cons:

- I have come to the conclusion that we are a boring, old married couple.  We would rather stay at home and relax in front of the TV (side note: I got a new 60 inch LED TV and its amazeballs!..thanks beeb).  

-  We sometimes argue.  Not that we have any major issues, but I think sometimes we get on each others nerves.  It happens.  I mean really, you can't be on top of each other all day every day without stepping on some toes.  Ironically though I can't stand to be away from her for more than 10 minutes, hence the open door pooping policy in Casa Cushing. (she would never keep the door open, by the way.)




-  Kids are hard.  I have never known the level of stress that having kids can put on a marriage.  It is so worth it, but somedays all you can do is throw your hands in the air and give up...which, we have done on occasion.  Skittles and Spongebob all around, who cares anymore.  "Oh you want to spit milk on the windows and grind pop-tarts into the floor, have fun baby girl.  I'll be in the coat closet having a glass of "Daddy Juice"

-  There is a ton of financial responsibility that comes with being married and all grown up.  I had never really understood the work and planning involved in setting budgets and just keeping up with the monthly expenses, until I took over the budget.  I have not always been the best at money management, so imagine my anxiety when I essentially blocked her access to all of our accounts.  Props to Ashlynn for doing it for so long though.  

-  We get comfy...and by comfy I mean fat...and by we I mean me.  It is so easy to fall into the routine of work, food, sleep...work, food, sleep....you get the idea.  We have just recently committed to getting back into shape.  Again, by "we" I mean me.  

.................

Pros:

-  I am constantly motivated to keep my little family happy.  Being married is like a mission on Call of Duty.  You have daily goals and long term goals and my wife is like my personal cheerleader....now if I  can find her an outfit...wink wink.

-  I cannot sleep, comfortably, in bed alone.  It may seem petty, but I need some cuddling and booty squeezing.  Ashlynn's cute little snores help me drift off too...lol, I'm so gonna get punched in the shoulder. 




-  You never get lonely when it comes to marriage.  I've always got a little hottie riding shotgun.  Literally, always riding shotgun.  I'm a control freak when it comes to driving in this crazy town.

-  Not many days go by that I don't learn something new about my wife.  I have been blessed to watch her become the person she is today.

-  I have someone that can laugh at most of my stupid jokes.

-  My marriage has blessed me with the two biggest joys in my life, H&H.  

-  I have found security in marriage.  I have become more confident and outgoing because I know that no matter what happens, i've got someone in my corner.  

-  Lastly, I am truly happy.  It sounds cheesy but she completes me.  No matter how big and bad we are as men we crave the soft embrace of a woman.  No matter how crazy things get, I know that she is there for me.

God, I'm such a sap.




4 comments:

  1. Ummm I can't believe your hubby wrote this! I adore it! And laughed out loud at "long term relationship Barbie" hey...at least she still has her figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless her for still having her figure am I right??

      Delete
  2. Wow.. I am with Laura on this one! Long term Barbie has me cracking up and hiding in the closet with daddy juice. Oh my word, hilarious, sweet and all around perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige. He is a lot less filtered than I am, but it's why I love him! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover