In January, Jimmy hit the big 3-0 and I put together a nice little get together to celebrate my sweet husband.
I felt God leading me to share my adoption story, after almost three years of blogging.
In February, I learned that I was being Laid-off from my job, after only working there for 7 months. A job that I loved so much!!
In March, we went through a very unexpected loss. One that I still think about so often.
In April, my sweet baby boy turned 4 and we celebrated by the sea!
May brought sunshine and permanent decisions for our little family!
In June, I said good-bye to my job and returned to my former stay-at-home-mom gig. I prepped the Cushings for Summer!
In July, Jimmy and I celebrated the 4th and made a promise that we would start making more time for us!!
In August, I shared Jimmy's testimonial video from his baptism! He was baptized at the end of July. This video still brings tears to my eyes.
September brought Harper's last first day of Preschool. Ever. {Insert sobbing}
We also FINALLY finished my mom and dad's cottage and they moved in!! The process of building their home was so difficult and I didn't really focus too much on the negative aspects of it on my blog. We all kept the faith and kept praying that God would work it out and He did. What a long time coming!
We celebrated Hollin's 2nd birthday in October!
I also had quite a revelation about God's purpose for my life and shared my heart with you all :)
In November, we finally had professional pictures done of all four of us! I had been wanting to do this for so long and finally felt that the little ones were ready :) They are my favorite pictures. So far :)
December was a whirlwind of shopping and prepping for Christmas. We hosted family, ate every calorie that we had burned at the gym and enjoyed spending time together. The babies were SO good on Christmas day. Although Jimmy had to work, it was a wonderful day!!
For 2014, I'm going to continue focusing on my health. I did so much better in 2013 than any year before, but I have a lot of room for improvement :) Jimmy and I have unofficially deemed 2014 "The Year of the Upstairs." With all of Hollin's new large toys, it's time to get started on moving her to her big girl room. Once she is out of her nursery, we will finally have a guest room! Our home is our third baby and we will keep working to make it perfect for our family.
We are excited about how much we've grown as Christians this year. Our hope is to be able to volunteer more at our church, schedule allowing, and hopefully find a small group that we love.
I'm going to keep trying to be the best mom that I can. Some days are harder than others, but I've learned that my attitude as a mom is just as important as the attitude my little ones might have for the day :)
We are excited about what 2014 has to bring to us! Health and Happiness to you and your family in the New Year!





















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!