Monday, January 6, 2014
I'm thinking of shutting it down.
Yes, The Cushy Life. I have to put it out there, first and foremost, that this is not a cry for attention or a flood of comments that say, "Don't go!" This is something that has been floating around for quite awhile.
I'm finding it more and more difficult to stick to blogging to be honest. My life is in a place where I simply don't have time each and every day to document my life. At best, I can update twice a week and that is even a struggle most times.
Jimmy gets off work at 7pm. By the time we are done with our nightly routines, it's 9pm. For the most part, I have refused to immediately get on the laptop to start downloading pictures, editing, documenting...... You know the drill. On nights when I do blog, I'm up way too late and miss very valuable time with him. He is getting ready to head back to school for at least another year, possibly year and a half and he will be needing the laptop far more than he does now.
Just as I am typing this, Hollin is napping and my little Harper has asked me no less than 10 questions about his toy car. And like so many times before, I keep saying,"Give me a moment please." "Mommy will be done soon." "Hang on just a second sweetie!" I don't ever want him to think that mommy's computer time comes before him. He goes to Kindergarten this fall and part of me just wants to soak up every moment, even more than I have been.
I don't know for sure if I'm going to close out my account completely or just take a hiatus. My heart is torn because I LOVE blogging. I love being able to look back and remember little details about my life that otherwise would have been forgotten. But, at the same time, I have to be realistic about how much time I can really devote to this little space on the internet.
{So with that being said, unfollow me if you would like. It seems that my little blog will grow a bit, then I'm not able to post and will lose followers. I love the idea of watching my blog grow, but that process gets pretty frustrating when I can't devote the time that my readers obviously want, so they leave. }
I wanted to post what's on my heart and explain why I've been absent. It's not because I don't love this blog or take it seriously.
While I take a little time to figure it out, I want to thank each of you who have been reading along with me over the last few years. Thank you for your comments, love and support. Aside from documenting my life and my sweet babies, you all are one of the biggest reasons I keep updating.
In the meantime, you can find me almost daily on instagram as @cushymommy
Until next time,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







It is a hard balance between blogging and mommy-ing and working (in my case). I am proud you are finding the right one for your family for the time being. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Courtney, it's such a hard decision!
DeleteI know exactly how you feel...over the years, when I feel like it starts to become a task (rather than something I enjoy), I step back and reevaluate...right now, I'm totally okay with mustering a post once a week...or month...because I do love to look back at old pictures and family updates! I'll prob always keep trucking along, just for the sake of my online "journal" :)
ReplyDeleteThanks girl. I keep telling myself that maybe when Harper goes to Kindergarten, things/time will let up a little bit and I can start blogging more regularly. And you're right, sometimes it seems like such a chore sometimes, but at the same time, this blog has been my baby book for the most part! So near and dear to my heart :)
DeleteI will miss reading your blog posts! I know exactly what you mean about sacrificing something so that you have more time for the littles....because they are only little for a season. I have tried blogging and can't stick to it for all of the reasons that you mentioned. Maybe we can both pick it back up eventually. Enjoy your family!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lauren! I still haven't decided either way for sure, but I appreciate your kind words. Family is always first but I do love this little blog and it's hard to walk away from so much time and effort put in :)
Delete