photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Our Turkey Day 2013 (Photo Overload!)

Thanksgiving is such a fun holiday and one that I look forward to so much!  I'm always guaranteed to see all of my family back home and I just love every minute.

This year, was a little different. Jimmy and I agreed to let my mom take the H-babies with her and stay overnight. Then, we would travel back home and meet up the next day for Thanksgiving. Watching them back out of the driveway was SO hard!! I immediately came back inside and had no idea what to do with myself.

Naturally, I started cleaning because that is always my default when I feel like I have nothing to do. Then I realized that I needed to enjoy this time!  Jimmy and I ran out and picked up two rugs for the house, went to Target and stayed gone for about three hours. It was heaven.

The next morning, we woke up and headed out to meet with the little ones. It's a 2 1/2 drive so we dashed into Starbucks before we hit the road. This was such a treat because I usually have two kids in the back trying to scream into the speaker whenever I order from anywhere. #truestory

 photo e315ecfa-2c6f-428b-9b92-379beccae85c_zps5d28d7a0.jpg

We got back to Rocky Mount, quickly changed the kids and went to my cousin's for lunch.  Every year, we have a Redneck activity and this year's was go-karts!! We had SO much fun.

 {Mom and Hollin}




I loved squeezing on all my family. I want them all to move where I live so we can see each other more :)

{Cousin Jeff, Tyler (Mollie's man), Cousin Mollie} 

 {Cousin Alison & I}
{Epic photobomb, Ben}

 {Cousin Ben}

{Tyler and Mollie}

{Cousin Alison and Baby Simon!}

The kids had so much fun playing together.

 {Myra, Harper & Luke}

{Cousin Ben is still a kid:}

{Miss Hollin}

 {Hollin and Simon}
{Harper's fake smile at its best}

{Aunt Jackie & Hollin}

We scarfed down the turkey and visited for a little while longer before we had to turn around and head back to Wilmington for Thanksgiving dinner.

{Mom and Dad}

As if we weren't already stuffed, we ate some more that night at Jimmy's dad and step-mom's newly redecorated house!  (I'm in love with every last thing she did!)

{Kiddie Table}


 Just beautiful!!



{PaPa Jim and Hollin}

{Grandma Hyde and the babies}


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, even though it was a bit more rushed than I would have liked. I just  chalk that up to the holidays. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!

Happy Wednesday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover