I was able to get both of my little ones to take a nap, so what do I do? I flip on this show
and hurry to update my blog! Something about watching her cook and chat so effortlessly in her kitchen makes me want to throw a cowboy hat on Jimmy, move to a ranch and homeschool my kids.
Speaking of Jimmy, he was told this past week {by a drunk woman who also said some highly inappropriate things} that he looks like Brendan Fraser. Who knew a drunk woman could be so observant? I laugh because I can totally see it!
This past week brought Hollin's FIRST snow!! We had so much fun! Living so close to the beach, we had no cool toys to play with, so we slid down the hill on rubbermaid box tops. Whatever works, right?
I was SO glad Jimmy was off work! I can't imagine what his day would have looked like if he had been on duty.
I could really devote a whole post to the snow, but it came, we played, it was cold, it melted. It just reaffirmed that I am a warm weather girl through and through. But I was so happy to watch the kids have so much fun!
In the last few weeks, we have said goodbye to the highchair..
And hello to family dinners at the table. And yes, Harper loves to eat while covered up with a blanket.
We've visited a sweet new addition to our friends family
and had fun at gymnastics! (Oh that fake smile again.)
There has been a lot of rain and antsy babies, but mommy tries really hard to be creative!
I've been willing Spring to get here quickly.
Harper had the cutest pajama day at school
And we started on Hollin's big girl room!
I have to say that her room is going to be a really, really long process. I won't have any big reveals coming soon, unfortunately. With the hubs back in school, his mentor program, both of us trying to go the gym consistently, etc, etc, it's hard to squeeze time in for this project. I am very excited though and I do think it will end up being one of my most favorite rooms in the house when it's all said and done :)
As much as I don't love doing big random updates, it's the best way to get caught up here and keep my type-A, chronological order heart happy.
I hope all of my friends survived the Southern snow unscathed!
Happy Sunday and

















I too find Pioneer woman so relaxing!! I am obsessed with her show and cookbooks. Look how awesome you are with lipstick and hair fixed going sledding :) loved your post.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures, I kinda miss a cold weather, always sunny and hot here, but i can´t complain. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://liveoutloudpris.weebly.com/
Thank you!! I don't think I could do cold weather all the time. I love hot and sunny!!
DeleteAdorable memories! I love the chalkboard frame on the porch. I will have to do that for sure when we move!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE love my chalkboard! It's such an awesome way for folks to leave you a message if you aren't home too!
Delete