On April 5th, my Harper James turned 5. It was hard to let that sink in on the actual day because.....FIVE. It's big boy status.
This year was a little tricky because Harper has been busy doing big boy activities like T-ball. (A whole post on that coming soon!) We thought his first game was going to be on his birthday but it was later changed into the opening ceremonies. Jimmy took Harper while mommy and little H stayed behind and party prepped.
We kept things small and simple. I had wanted a bigger 5th birthday party but it was not in the cards this year. We decided on pizza and a baseball theme!
He is so excited about his birthday morning cupcake. Still a little sleepy :)
My lil Slugger!!
Hollin did the skinny arm and I just about died. So what does a mom trying to be cool do?? Copy her :)
This is probably the least expensive party I have ever done. I bought what I needed with some my Jamberry earnings (yay!!) and used A TON of Jimmy's old baseball trophies, etc. I was so excited with how it turned out! Not including the pizza and glass bottled cokes, the party ran me around 43 bucks :)
I got this adorable chalkboard banner at Target! So cute and awesome because I can re-use it. LOVE.
Homemade Baseball Cupcakes made with all the love in mommy's heart.
I dug out these baseballs and threw them in this vase with a little dirt for effect :)
This baseball is very special because it was retrieved by Jimmy's Aunt Libby. She passed away from ovarian cancer in 2001.
I added some more trophies and baseballs to the table. They were great for conversation!!
Harper opened a few gifts but one of his biggest presents was a brand new bike! He was stoked.
Great Grandma Hyde wanted in on the action. She is 85. Get it grandma!!
It was a great party on a beautiful day to celebrate my sweet baby turning five. I love him with everything.






















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!