Friday, July 11, 2014
A Day in the Life - Summer 2014
As promised, here is a quick rundown of what my days are like with a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old! This summer is our last one before BIG school starts! :) I'm linking up over at Blonde Ambition today!
7:30am : Hollin wakes with a long "Maamaaaa." She gets louder and louder until I stumble into her room. I change her diaper and bring her into bed with me so that I can finish waking up. It takes me awhile.
8:00 : Harper is up and comes into bed with me. The kids watch the Disney channel for a few minutes. Finn the Dog is so excited to see them and chaos ensues. Usually they run out of my bedroom and go bounding downstairs to raid the pantry.
8:15 : I throw on my bathrobe and head downstairs for much needed caffeine. I make them breakfast. They eat while I go back upstairs to get dressed.
8:30 : I'm back downstairs with their clothes. I peel off their pajamas and put them right into the washer because they usually get pretty dirty at breakfast.
9:00 : We head out for a morning errands run or play date. Today we went and picked up our groceries from Harris Teeter. A God-send as a mom I tell you:)
12:00-12:30pm : We usually get home somewhere around this time.
12:30-12:45 : This is where my day gets tricky. We have either picked up lunch with friends or I scramble like the dickens to get something in Hollin's belly. I have a very small window of time to get her down for a nap before I miss the window and she skips nap altogether. I am SO not ready for that.
12:45-3:00 : She fights her nap for the first hour. After she finally falls asleep, she sleeps from 2-3 hours. Very unpredictable but that is just how it goes. During her nap I have my pick from a long list of things to do. Blog, clean, laundry, relax and have one-on-one time with Harper. This particular day I actually took a 20 minute power nap while Harper played on his Nintendo. {Mom of the Year.}
3:00-4:00 : We play in the pool or have another afternoon errand. I don't typically do play dates in the afternoon because it seems to make our afternoon too busy as far as baths and getting dinner on the table at a good time.
5:00 : Both kids get in the shower.
5:30 : We are back downstairs. Both are dressed for bed. I make them dinner (they never eat what Jimmy and I eat.) The kids eat while I start cooking.
5:45 : Jimmy is home most of the time unless he is working late. He will entertain the kids while I finish up.
6:30 : Jimmy and I eat dinner. The kids either watch TV and/or play with each other. They usually start running laps around the house with the dog. Every. single. night.
7:30 : Hollin gets warm milk and I put her to bed. We rock and I read her two stories. She will not sleep until she gets a hug and a kiss from her Bubby, so I usually send Harper up there to tell her goodnight. Harper comes back downstairs and we spend some one-on-one time with him.
8:30 : Jimmy puts Harper to bed. They watch Youtube videos about space and black holes (he is a science geek right now:) His routine takes longer than Hollin's.
9:00 : Jimmy is back downstairs and he and I go back and watch whatever TV show started at 8pm. We are usually on our laptops and talk about the day and what's coming up.
11:00 : We head upstairs.
11:30 : Lights out for Jimmy
Midnight : Lights out for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








You have such beautiful babies:)
ReplyDeleteThis was a fun read
Love the pool!!! Looks like you have your hands full!
ReplyDeleteawww! these day in the life posts are so fun to read! how did you hear about the prompt? if you ever want to change it up, a friend of mine and i brought back the 5 on friday since the gals that were doing it put their linkup on hold for the summer. it was pretty popular last week if you want to check it out! we would love to have you! http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/search/label/five%20on%20friday
ReplyDelete