photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hollin's Big Girl Room Progress


I have had a few folks ask about the current state of Hollin's room since moving her out of her nursery and down the hall to a much bigger room :)  The short answer is that she is in love!!  But, we still have a lot of progress to make.

This house was pretty dark and depressing when we bought it. This room didn't get very much light at all, so I wanted something bright and happy!
Before:
 photo DSC_0208.jpg
After: 
The most noticeable change is our "cottage wall" as we like call it.  Jimmy made these out of lumber from Lowes, distressed them and then added stain for a little character. We aren't going to hang anything on the walls until she has a big girl bed. We are letting her make that call, so it may be awhile :)
I love all of the imperfections.  Her room used to be a big rectangle with nothing interesting about it. Until now:)
Before:
 photo DSC_0209.jpg
After:
Call me weird, but I left her Christmas tree up because I thought it was so pretty. Then it became a hairbow tree. It works for now.
Hollin loves to play mommy in here.
And because I always promise to keep it real.
There you have it! Hollin's little in-progress haven:)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! And I love that "cottage" wall!!!! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! We love it too :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover