photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, December 19, 2014

Five on Friday!!


Can you believe it's the last Friday before Christmas? It's a funny thing that happens as you get older. Jimmy and I don't buy for adults in our family anymore and we don't buy for each other!! We are all so very blessed and the whole point of Christmas gets lost in trying to find that perfect gift for loves that already have everything they could ever want.  It's all about our kids and watching their happy faces when they open their gifts now. It really doesn't get any better than that.  I can't wait!!

1. {Stay-at-home-mom blues}
I have to admit. Being a SAHM is wonderful but oh so challenging. Here lately with the colder temperatures, we have been stuck inside. We haven't had many errands to run at all and it we have been in a rut.  There are ebbs and flows to motherhood and this momma needs a little break to get re-motivated :)
2. {Our rescue almost becoming a rescue again}
We discovered this week that the fence in our backyard fell down on one side. Apparently a huge tree knocked it over so our bigger dog, Finn, has been an escape artist all week. Two people in our neighborhood have been nice enough to bring him back to me.  Bless his heart, he is so sweet but does not listen to save his little white fur life.   We are starting to see why he may have ended up in a shelter. He runs away!!!
3. {BearPaw}
We bought Hollin some of these precious boots recently and I am so impressed with how durable they are.  They look and feel like UGGS but have withstood water, playdates and 3 year old foot shuffling with no wear or water spots. Check em' out.

4. {Ugly wrapping paper}
I finally did it. I bought horrible, gosh awful character-laden wrapping paper. I said I never would but the little H's really wanted Cinderella and SpongeBob.  I know one day they won't so I might as well while they are little right?
5. {Watching them grow}
Sometimes, I'm lucky enough to capture moments that just melt my heart and make life so much sweeter. After picking up Harper from school a few days ago, Hollin was beside herself with joy that her bubby was home to play.  She has always been smitten with him.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend-before-Christmas with little stress!!
Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover