Thursday, April 9, 2015
Life Lately - an update on all of us.
I always love doing little candid, keepin' it real posts every now and then. Most of the time, I only have time for quick overviews of what we've been up to and uploading pictures can be a chore. You bloggers know what I'm talking about!
In May, Jimmy will have been one year since retiring from the Police Dept. I can't believe it's been that long, but it's been the best experience for us. Neither one of us have ever had any second thoughts or doubts about making that decision. You can read that post here. I love having him home by 5:45 on weekdays and home all weekend. We've been able to do so much more as a family and commit to things that we would have never been able to before. He says the only part he misses, just a TEENY bit, is being able to drive fast to a call. Ha!
Hollin has stopped taking naps! I remember that Harper did the same when he was three and had just gone into preschool. She began fighting them so, so hard and it just wasn't worth the struggle anymore. On the flip side?... She is really sleeping better at night. We go through peaks and valleys with this. She has been more consistent with sleeping through the night than ever before. She is definitely in her threes and to be honest, she challenges me every single day. I've said since she is a newborn that she has a fiery spirit and that is still true. Her heart is a big as her personality and she is so loving. She gives the very best hugs.
Harper is killing it in Kindergarten. I don't say that to brag, but he has done SO well this year! As a toddler, he was the busiest thing I had ever seen. To see him now is just astounding. When I check his book bag and see some of the work he is doing, it just blows me away. His diet is also FINALLY expanding and his little jeans and pants are getting too tight! He will eat school lunch/lunchbox at a rate of about 50% :) From the cafeteria he eats spaghetti, popcorn chicken, barbecue chicken, chicken-n-waffles, breadstick bites to name a few. He is the funniest, sweetest little guy and I love the conversations we can have. He also has a quite a bit of toilet humor... He is very buttoned-up too. And serious. And boy does he love his mommy :)
As for me, I am still at home! I've been very open about how challenging it is in the past, so I won't repeat myself. It continues to be THE most rewarding thing I've ever done. And the hardest. In my former life as a working mom, sitting behind a desk for 8 hours in my ironed clothes, heels and taking heat from clients was a cakewalk in comparison to being covered in dog-hair, snot, crumbs and taking the heat from toddler tantrums on the daily.
I wouldn't trade any of it. I know that I will miss these days, as crazy as they are.
With that being said, I am keeping an eye out for opportunities to work on a part-time or even full-time basis for the right job. It feels like the right time to make a change if one presents itself. I'm trusting God and know that He has His hand in all of it, even down to timing :)
And that's what is happening over at Casa Cushing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!