photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, April 13, 2015

How we made our six year old mad on his birthday :)

My sweet boy's birthday fell on Easter this year.  The Easter bunny gave him a basket and we gave him one big gift. It just doesn't feel right if I don't re-cap his day!
.....................................................................

Daddy put his tractor together the night before and we covered it with a huge blanket so he wouldn't notice it in the toy room.  Worked like a charm!

On the way home from brunch, he knew he was going to be getting a big toy. Jimmy messed with his head all the way home saying, "Oh I thought you wanted a powder-whale, not a power wheels!! I just got a big stuffed whale and poured baby powder all over it. I'm sooo sorry son."

We were both dying and of course he was buying it and getting more and more mad by the second. Call us mean, but it's a rite of passage as parents :)

He was so mad here...
When we got home, I sat on the couch and Jimmy asked Harper to please get mommy the blanket from the toy room. It was the last thing on earth he wanted to do.
His reaction was priceless..
And of course Hollin had to get in on it too.
They rode it all afternoon and had the best time.
The next Monday back at school we had cupcakes in his classroom and they all sang happy birthday to him. It was the sweetest thing and he ate it up.
The jury is still out on whether we will have a birthday party. He saw all grandparents on his birthday and got gifts from everyone, so I kind of feel like we can call it a day.

I say it every year, but it's SO crazy that I have a six year old!! He is just loving life and is so funny right now. Age six is awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover