photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Day in the Life

Before the school year escapes me, I wanted to do a quick day in the life post!  I absolutely love doing these posts every now and then because I can go back and see how my days used to look. They are always evolving :)

6:45 - My alarm goes off. I immediately shut it off and do the half-sleep thing. I am NOT a morning person.

7:00 - Jimmy and Harper's alarm goes off. Harper heads downstairs and grabs a pop tart. Here is where I'd like to say that I prepare a really nutritious breakfast but the truth is, it just doesn't happen. My Harper is a SLOW mover in the mornings. He also gets to eat another breakfast at school every day :)

7:05 - 7:10 - Hollin and I get out of bed. I go downstairs, start the coffee and turn on SpongeBob for the kids. I open Hollin's pop tart and head back upstairs.

7:15 -I put on my best homeless wardrobe. I load Harper's toothbrush with toothpaste and head back downstairs.

7:30 - I've gotten Harper dressed and poured coffee.

7:35 - Hollin, Harper and I are out the door. Hollin wears her PJs since we don't have to get out of the car! Jimmy also leaves around this time. Harper brushes his teeth in the car.

7:40 - We are at school! Harper hops out and waves at me alllllll the way up the ramp. It's so cute.
8:00 -  Hollin and I are back home and I'm usually still trying to wake up. Some kind of cartoon is still on and I switch it over to the Today show. She usually wants something else to eat like yogurt or fruit.

8:30-8:45 - I do quick makeup and put on decent clothes and get Hollin dressed.

9:00 -  Out the door!

9:30-11:30 - We usually always do something in the morning whether it's a play date or errands.
12:00 - We get home somewhere around this time and she goes right back to playing with baby dolls or just resting from our busy morning.
12:15-1:30 - I make us lunch and clean up a bit. I put in a load of laundry and do a load of dishes. She is still playing and I sometimes let her watch Youtube videos of Baby Alive tutorials. She is addicted.

1:30-2:00 - I sit down with her if she is resting or I play dolls with her for awhile.

2:05 - We load up to go get Harper. Hollin usually gets in a 5 minute nap on the way. Believe it or not, this is all she needs to power through the afternoon!
2:40 - We are back home. Sometimes I try to squeeze in an afternoon errand but Harper is not a fan. He is tired and wants to go home!

3:00-4:45 - The kids are usually outside on the play set, riding Power Wheels, chasing dogs or various other things. I try to enforce them being outside unless it's raining. On rainy days, there is a lot of cartoons and angry birds going on. I usually hang out mostly inside and complete a few more chores. I can see and hear them from inside :)

4:45-5:15 -  We are outside on the front porch waiting for daddy to get home. They play in the water table and eat popsicles.
5:15-6:00 -  Jimmy and I tackle dinner together or one of us will cook solo and the other will put kids in the bath.

6:30-7:15 - We eat!

7:15-7:30 - Jimmy snuggles on the couch with the kids while I clean up.

7:30-7:45 - We head upstairs for bedtime routine. I read Harper a story in his bed, turn on his alarm clock and lay with him for a few minutes at his request :)  Jimmy watches stories with Hollin in her bed. Both kids brush teeth.

8:00 - We head back downstairs.

8:00-9:15 - We submerge ourselves in mindless TV. During this time, both kids get out of bed multiple times. Each of them come downstairs to tell on the other. This has just started in the last few months and it's exhausting.
9:30 - If they haven't gone to sleep, one of us has to go upstairs and let them know that seriously….it's time to go to sleep.

10:00 - I check the school lunch menu and make Harper's lunch if I need to. I sign his folder and put his book bag by the door.

10:30 - I shower.

11pm - Bedtime. And without fail, I fall asleep to Golden Girls every night. I have a really unhealthy obsession with this show.
And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover