Summer is in full swing and we are having a lot of fun - in between the 105 degree days. Last week we took a little 2 day trip to Bald Head Island. The kids told us on the last day that they'd like to live there. I reminded Hollin that there is no Target and she reconsidered :)
BHI is a beautiful place but every time I go, I have no choice but to let my hair just do it's thing. If you know me, you know I absolutely despise my naturally wavy hair. No amount of creams or straightening can tame this mane in the humidity.
We celebrated Father's Day at BHI. No gifts or cards, just bike riding and hanging out with our little family.
Ferry time!
_______________________________________________________
Yours truly has a new job for the summer and I am stoked! I think I will do a follow up post on how it all happened because it just kind of amazes me.
I am currently on staff at Port City Community Church until mid-October. I'm filling in for a super sweet gal who will be leaving to have her first baby in just a few weeks! My job is very administrative and task-oriented which is right up my alley. I track those who want to get baptized from start to finish and help them through the PC3 baptism process. Yesterday I worked backstage and helped the baptism candidates and pastors at all three services. To be backstage with these awesome people who are making a huge step in their walk with God is humbling. I cry every time!!
I also track and coordinate with engaged couples who go through pre-marital counseling as well as the pre-marital counselors.
I haven't done a ton on my own yet but I'm getting there. Hopefully I won't make a huge mess of her awesomely streamlined process.
I am having a great time with my new part-time work and family balance. It was long overdue :)
Happy Monday!














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!