photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, September 28, 2015

Random thoughts

We are in a season of life where it feels like we go, go and go! I try really hard to balance all the going with down time but it's just plain hard. Harper loves to stay home, cuddled under a blanket and relaxing. Hollin loves going to the max. She could literally shop until she drops. So we are always trying to balance their personalities.

October kicks off the time of year where we are on full speed until after New Year's. It's a crazy few months but I really do love it as long as we can pace ourselves and stay organized. Last year, we didn't buy a single Christmas present until the weekend before Christmas. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

Every single year at this time, I go through a mental battle of whether I want the stress of throwing a birthday party for my kids. Harper didn't have one this year because his birthday happened to fall on Easter. Hollin's is on Halloween. Every year :)

So, we recently decided that instead of a party, we will have a whole day dedicated to Hollin and doing exactly what she wants. We'll probably start the day with donuts, go see a movie, get ice cream, maybe get our nails done and let her pick out her own present.  She is ALL girl.
There are tons of things going on at church that will be mixed in to the next few months, but they're all good things :)  So if I happen to run into you and my head is spinning and I can't complete a sentence, you'll know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover