I'm almost caught up folks!
A few days before Thanksgiving, Hollin had a feast at school. She dressed up like a little pilgrim and was so adorable.
My dad, Hollin and Jimmy :)
For Thanksgiving every year, we always drive back to my hometown in Rocky Mount to have lunch with my family there.Cousin Mollie thought the food was really awesome.
Afterwards we always have a little fun with go-karts, 4 wheelers or something else where we could really hurt ourselves, but it's all in good fun. My cousin Jeff and his wife Nadine have the perfect set-up out in the country for us to go full redneck. I love it.
This year, we raced juiced-up go-karts.
Harper drove one for the first time ever (with Jimmy riding alongside him) and he drove at a snails pace. He hunkered his little head down and was so nervous. I joked that I hope he always wants to drive like that hahah.
Hollin rode with me, her cousin, my mom..basically anyone who would let her hop on. That girl is a dare devil.
Jimmy and I had a friendly little race as well. And I legit thought I was going to flip my cart a few times.
Post go-karts :)
In years past we have always headed back to Wilmington to have dinner with Jimmy's dad, step-mom and family but this year we had an invitation to head to Banner Elk, NC. Jimmy's mom and step-dad have had a cabin up there for over two years and we had never been able to go!We hoofed it four hours west and arrived around 9pm. All of those winding roads up the mountains in the dark had my stomach in knots, but we made it.
The cabin was so cozy!!
This is one of my favorite pics of Harper and Hollin - even though it's an iPhone pic.
On Saturday we went to the Mast General Store and saw Santa!
Then we went to a family owned Christmas tree farm and had the BEST time picking out our tree. At one point Harper and I just sat on a hill and looked out at the mountains. It was so awesome.
We hugged the tree into our family.
Here they come to cut it down!!
Jimmy and I snuck off to dinner at a really sketchy sushi place but we still had fun :)
And then we were a little delirious on the 6 hour drive home, but we made it.
We had a really wonderful, fun-filled Thanksgiving. I'm very grateful for my little family and the people around us who call us theirs.
Happy Thanksgiving.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!