photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, January 21, 2016

My kids


I can't believe that my little ones are 4 & 6 1/2. Harper reminds me almost daily that, "I'm almost 7. And in three years I'll be ten and three years after that 13 and...."  I quickly tell him to please stop that to which he responds, "But moooommm, I have to grow up!"

I know you do buddy.

I took him to the dentist recently and just sort of sat in awe of him and how kind he is. And smart. He's so inquisitive. He hopped down and asked the hygienist if the light on the bottom of his chair would go red instead of green if they turned it off. He asked so many questions. The staff ate him up and I did too. Before we left she said, "I just love him."
He is so independent and responsible. I say it all the time but he holds himself to a really high standard. It only takes one look or one comment from me for him to straighten right up. We typically go to the 9am service at our church and on the few occasions we've gone to the 11am, he had a cow. The kid loves his routine and loves his church. School is a breeze for him. Math is definitely his strong point.
By the time this post is up I'll be at Hollin's first parent-teacher conference! She is so full of LIFE. I wish I could find half as much joy in things as she does. Her smile can light up a room. People tell me that she looks like me which makes me so happy since Harper is the spitting image of his daddy. She is all girl. She loves for me to put makeup on her and paint her nails.

She is very opinionated about what she wears. You guys already know how much she loves babies and mothers her baby dolls all day. It's so sweet. She is so attentive and nurturing. She doesn't make a point to show off how smart she is - but she is definitely a smart little nugget. She loves painting pictures and finding toys to give to her friends. She definitely has a servant's heart. Her memory simply amazes me. She remembers tiny details from things that happened last year and even before.

They are growing so fast and growing into opinionated little people. My heart could not love them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover