photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have a product rave!!


I introduced my mom to the oh-so-lovely Ulta a few weeks ago. It's one of my favorite stores, but I try really hard to stay away from it...too tempting.

She wanted to go get matched up with the right shade of Bare Minerals makeup. Neither one of us had tried it before and honestly I was pretty skeptical about how minerals could give the same coverage as liquid. The makeup artist was super helpful and matched my mom up with the right color the first time. She looked really great and the makeup didn't make her skin look dry like I thought it would. Then my mom said she wanted to buy me some. That was nice of her, but I passed, stating that there was no way that stuff would cover up my facial issues. When I say facial issues, I mean redness, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and scarring from severe acne as a teenager (that was cured by Accutane---the miracle drug!) She kept on and on about it until finally I said "ok, fine.

The makeup artist quipped that yes, it would cover all of my "issues." So, I sighed, sat in the chair, handed Harper to my mom and let her do her thing. Truthfully I just wanted to get it over with so we could finish shopping. It took her about 10 minutes to wipe off the ridiculously thick coat of Clinique that I had plastered on my face. Once that came off, she did the cheesy swirl, tap and brush technique that I had seen on the infomercials. The makeup felt kinda dry and the little particles swirling everywhere kinda made me want to sneeze. She finished after about 5 minutes and before she handed me the mirror, I knew there was no way it would look like I had anything on. My face felt so naked. I took one look in the mirror and was BLOWN AWAY. My face was covered! It looked natural, glowy and just overall fantastic. The strangest thing was that I felt like I was wearing nothing.

So my mom was nice enough to buy both of us the smallest of the starter kits. It was only $25 and looks like this:


(photo: ulta.com)

The only thing that I have run out of is the mineral "pot" that matches my skin tone. I just ran out yesterday (so it lasted about 2 weeks) I went back to Ulta and bought another regular sized "pot" and it was $25.


(photo: ulta.com)

I don't usually spend that much on one product, but this is 100% worth it. I can save on all the other products because I usually get them from Target, drug store, etc.

I don't have a picture of a before and after. I'd have to go and wash my makeup off and I don't have time for that right this minute, but maybe I'll get around to it eventually. I can't say enough great things about this makeup. I wish I had tried it a long time ago!! A big ol' thanks goes out to my mom for making me try it. Love you!

'til next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover