photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Mother's Day

Since I was on Bald Head Island with no computer (boo!), I didn't get to blog on Mother's Day.

I didn't get to see my mom on Mother's Day (double boo), so I sent her a dozen assorted roses on Friday. I talked to her later that day and she LOVED them, so that made me happy. I also sent her a card in the mail with this picture enclosed:





Harper went and "picked" me some flowers (I think he had a little help from dad) and an anchor necklace to match Jimmy's anchor tattoo. A necklace is a little less permanent, no? Jimmy gave me a gorgeous bracelet with multi colored gemstones and some beautiful silver earrings. Oh yes, and a SUPER sweet card.

______________________________________________________


This message is for my sweet little boy:


I can't believe that I've just celebrated my second Mother's Day. On my first Mother's Day, you were about a month old when we took these pictures after your dedication at church:








Your great-grandma Mavis passed away just 5 short months later and I am so glad I captured this photo with all of us. I miss her dearly and think of her every day. I miss her sweet smile and humor. She loved holding you and talking to you in the way that only grandmothers can.

You are now 13 months old and I can't believe how quickly time is passing by. It is so bittersweet. I love to watch you grow and develop with each passing day, yet I want to hold onto you forever as my little boy. You have changed me and my life more than you'll ever know. You've made me become a better person, look at life in a different way, become totally selfless and love unconditionally. If ever I am having a bad day, or even a bad moment, all I have to do is look at you and see your sweet, toothy smile. That's when all my problems melt away and I realize that the only important thing in this world is my family.

I am so blessed to have you in my life and I thank God for each day he gives me with you. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and allowing me to have the most important job in the world-- being your mommy.

I love you.




(Mother's Day 2010.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover