After Harper woke up from his nap around 11:30, I woke Jimmy to see if he wouldn't mind watching him so that I could drive to the mailbox. Yes, drive to the mailbox. We live in a townhouse complex and I didn't have the patience to walk today. Jimmy staggered out of bed and I flew out the door in my pajamas and flip flops. Don't be jealous.
In the 1 minute that it took me to get there, I thought I was going to puke. I ran up to the little metal door, stuffed my key in.....nothing.
Ok, it's cool. I'll just check it in about an hour. I drive back, tell Jimmy that we have some errands to run and we all get dressed to go to Wal-Mart. WHY they don't build a Target on this side of town, I'll never know.
We run in and get wipes, milk, carpet cleaner and peanut butter crackers. We go to the shortest checkout line, which happens to be the "20 items or less" line, but every single person has waaaaaaay more than 20 items. We sit there patiently, finally make it to the cashier, pay and dart out. We stop at Chic-fil-A for lunch. We go through the drive thru and then head home. As soon as we pull into the complex, I SEE the mail lady. My heart is racing. I grab my keys and dart over to the mailboxes. I tell myself that whatever happens will be ok. I open the door. THERE is mail. I sift through it. Junk, junk, an invitation to my cousin's 2nd birthday party, junk...... and THAT'S IT. NO TEST SCORES. Are you kidding me? The proctor said he was getting them in the mail yesterday. I live a few miles from the college, WHY aren't they here yet?
At this point, I get mad. I'm mad that I have to wait yet another 24 hours for these scores. I'm mad because Harper has a Dr. appointment tomorrow which will include shots, so that means that tomorrow can turn into a REALLY bad day. Shots and the possiblity of realizing that what I've been working toward for almost a year has been washed down the drain. Sounds fun huh?
At least tonight is the finale of Dancing with the Stars and the first night of the finale for American Idol. At least I can escape my thoughts for a few hours.
Ugggghhhh. I am just praying that they get here tomorrow. If they don't, I'm going to have a heart attack. Keep praying people, keep praying







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!