photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trying to lift my spirits a lil

Today was obviously a hard day for me, but it was still a great day. Harper went for a Dr. appt today and had to get 4 shots. That's right, 4. (I'll get to the great part in a minute.) He of coursed wailed when we had to take his clothes off. He wailed while she took his weight and measurements. Then, she needed to do a hemoglobin test, which meant that she needed to prick his finger. "Here we go", I thought, "Now he's REALLY gonna lose it." She stuck him.... and he didn't even whimper. Crazy kid.

The Dr. came in and couldn't have made me feel more comfortable. This is the first time he's seen his primary Dr. because all of the visits we've made with him since we moved have all been sick visits related to his lumpy arm. She took a look at the lump, as well as the freckle on his head and really made me feel much better. She thinks the mole looks fine and the lump is what she thinks is a lipoma--a fatty tumor. Not a lymph node. Something inside me has been telling me that the darn lump was NEVER a lymph node.

After our little chat came shot time. As we waited for the nurse to come in, Harper was having a grand ol' time.


We took his comfort toy (his monkey) and he kept putting it on the Dr's stool and spinning it.


Before shots...



After shots..



And afterwards, on the way to the hospital..


Why were we going to the hospital you ask? To see a BRAND spankin' new baby, that's why! One of Jimmy's friends from college and his wife welcomed a beautiful 8lb, 6oz baby boy early yesterday morning. He is just precious. I took pictures, but I won't post them because we don't know them well enough to know if they would mind a picture of their baby floating around the blog world.

On our way out, Jimmy and I took the opportunity to look around the place. It is a brand new, state-of-the-art facility that will one day be the location in which we bring a future 2nd child into the world. It was fun to think about that as we walked around.







Later on this evening, Harper nor I was in the best of spirits, so Jimmy was nice enough to cook dinner for us.



Stir fry-yum!


During the course of dinner, Harper became very fussy because we were ordered by the Dr to stop feeding him peanut butter crackers and Goldfish for dinner. I know, I know.. the ONLY reason we've been doing that is because those were the only things he would eat. He's become such a picky eater.

We kept putting veggies and chicken on is tray, but he would throw it to the dogs. He eventually started crying and in an effort to distract him, Jimmy transformed into none other than...

FORK-A-CORN!!




I almost choked on my rice. He came up with that out of nowhere and it made me laugh so hard. That is one of the things I love most about my husband. He can ALWAYS make me laugh.

After dinner, was bathtime and not too long after came bedtime. Jimmy and I settled in to watch the finale of American Idol and I am very happy with the winner! Go LEE!!



Today has been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I'm sad and disappointed. I feel kind of stupid, actually. I kind of feel like a failure because it seems as if I have wasted a large amount of time chasing these programs that are just impossible to get into. At the same time, I'm hopeful for the future. I know that this is all part of His greater plan and I'm trying to keep my chin up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover