photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, June 18, 2010

There's a new baby in the house.

I'm happy to announce that Jimmy and I are now the proud parents of a KING size Restonic Mattress!

We also have a new bed frame on the way, courtesy of Ashley furniture, but we must wait 2 WHOLE WEEKS for it to get here.


Oh, the agony. It's ok though because the mattress sitting on our floor is 3,524,853 times better than the queen sized Serta mattress that I have owned since 8th grade.... 8th grade. A King sized mattress is something that we've been wanting for a long time because:

~my husband is 6'5 and 249 pounds..

~he's a cop who has to sleep during the day...

~there were "sagging" areas in our old, boxed-spring mattress..

~and I like my space when I sleep.... no offense babe.

The guy at the store gave us a FANTASTIC deal and we are so excited! We just went out and dropped more money that I'd like to admit on new sheets, a down comforter and 2 King sized pillows. We have gone out and bought cheap sheets before, but this time around, we decided it would be better to invest a little money is some new ones that would hopefully not bunch up on our new bed. We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and found a 500 thread count sheet set for about 50 bucks. Expensive for us, but worth it!!

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I let Jimmy pick out the sheets and comforter. You know what colors he picked? White and white.


He told me that he wanted it to feel like a nice hotel and I gotta say.. it does. The sheets, pillow cases and comforter are all white striped like the pic above. I think when the bed frame gets here, the dark wood will be a nice contrast with all the white, so I think it will look great. I hope I can keep it clean. I can't wait to see what it looks like with our new bed frame!
_______________________________________


Jimmy and I don't have anything planned for the weekend yet except for church. I'm sure something will come up!!

TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats! We switched to a King last year (my husband is also large and in charge:) and honestly, I'll never go back! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover