It all began yesterday when Harper felt a little warm. He had felt sort of warm all day, but we spent a lot of time outside, so I assumed it was because of the sweltering heat and humidity. Later on in the evening, I went to change his diaper and get him dressed for bed. I peeled his clothes off and he felt downright hot. We took his temp and it was 102. We immediately gave him children's Motrin and then I called my mom and dad and said there would be a change in plans for tomorrow. Instead of them coming to church with us, they would just come here and watch him while we went to church so that we could join today.
After my phone call, I started ironing our clothes to get ready for church. I noticed that my little cough I'd been dealing with all day was not letting up, but it just felt like a tickle in my throat. No big deal. I finally went to bed after awhile and couldn't go to sleep. I got on the computer, watched tv, did anything I could think of to get comfortable, but I kept coughing and coughing. Finally at 2:30am when Jimmy got home from work, I was still up and had been hacking my head of ALL NIGHT. I felt terrible. He then told me that he had a sore throat. We decided then that church was out of the question if all three of us were coming down with something.

Fast forward to this morning and we all wake up feeling awful. I didn't get to sleep until about 3:30am and Harper was up at 6:30am. That's right folks, 3 hours of sleep. I started my morning routine and knew that my parents were on the way, so I forced myself to go ahead and do my hair/makeup routine so I'd be ready when they got here. They rolled in at about 8:30am and offered to take Harper out so that I could go get some rest. I thankfully obliged and crawled back into bed. They came back with him at 11am and we headed out for McAllister's for lunch since we were feeling a little better and Harper's fever was ok.
After lunch, we rode to the train museum here in town for my dad since it is his birthday (Happy birthday dad!!). He loves trains and always has. I took tons of pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet... no time!

After lunch, we rode out to a neighboring city to show my mom and dad a house that we've fallen in love with, but will probably be sold by the time we'd be able to buy it.

I just LOVE a Charleston-style house and this is just beautiful. Like I said, probably will never happen. We have to sell our house first and we have renters in place, so we can't even try to sell again until Feb of 2011.
After that excursion, we headed back so that Harper could take a nap. My mom and dad left and after his nap, we headed to the Seaside Club to visit with Jimmy's dad, stepmom, sister and grandma. We sat on the porch for awhile, but the heat was still exhausting.

We stayed for about an hour and then headed to Jimmy's mom's and stepdad's house to visit for a little while. We didn't stay long and then headed to Wendy's for dinner. Between the lack of sleep, sickness and heat exhaustion from today, we had NO energy to cook. This was not good for the 4 pounds I'm trying to lose!
_______________________________________________
On to a completely different and ever-changing subject; my hair. Anyone who knows me has seen my hair colored every shade but black. Right now, it looks like this:
.jpg)
I think it looks fine, but it's one dimensional. No highlights or anything, just one color. I feel like it needs a little something, so I found this picture tonight.

I think my base color needs to be lightened a shade or two and I like the color of her highlights. I don't like the fact that it doesn't look like she has any highlights at the top, so I would put some there. My hair is not that long (yet), so the cut would look different, but I'm liking this picture. I plan to call and schedule an appointment tomorrow. I have to call 2 weeks in advance because my stylist has just opened her own salon. Hopefully, I won't have to wait that long. Let me know what ya'll think!
Good night..







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!