I feel SOOOO guilty for keeping Harper wrangled inside this teeny townhouse all day, but when the heat is like this, I have no choice. Heck, even when the heat is bearable, we are pretty much forced to stay in here. Tomorrow, Harper and I have been invited to go to a neighborhood pool by one of my Sunday School friends. I'm not sure how long we'll be out there, but I'm sure we'll have a good time.
Moving on...
I took Harper to Target today because we were almost out of diapers. I waited until noon and then headed out. I am like most any other woman... I have a love affair with Target and I like to take my time. Here lately, however, Harper has made it darn near impossible to take him shopping with me when I'm by myself. He insists on standing up in the cart and trying to leap into my arms. If I don't oblige, he screams at an embarassing decibel level. Then I get "looked at." You know what I'm talking about. It's the look that I used to give to people at restaurants when they had noisy children within a 20 foot radius of me. What goes around comes around, huh?
I pay for my things and then per my husband's request, stopped at Chic-Fil-A to pick up some lunch. While I was in the drive-thru, Harper proceded to throw a tantrum.
.jpg)
This picture does no justice to what took place, but you can see how red his face is. A few moments later, he was out like a light. I'd like to point out that there are no shades on those windows. Harper broke both of them and I know as soon as I buy new ones, he'll break those too.
We came home and I promptly put Harper to bed and got to work on one of my last CIS assignments. I will be SO glad when this semester is over.
Jimmy woke up at about 3:45 and scarfed down his lunch. Not long after, he had to get ready for work. Poor guy. He worked 12 hours last night, came home and got maybe and hour of sleep, then had to get up and go to class from 8-10:30am. That is one of the MANY things I love about my husband. He works so hard for his family and never complains. I wish I could be a little more like that. I work just as hard, but I complain about it A LOT more. I'm trying to work on that though.
I hope the next two days that he has off will be relaxing for us. I know he needs to get some much needed rest. I really dislike weeks like this when he works 5 days out of 7 because we have to make a "weekend" out of Wednesdays and Thursdays. Such is the life of a Police Officer I guess.
Happy Tuesday!







Oh girl, I'm with you on the police officer's schedule. Joey is in his last week of eval, and up until now, it's been pretty cushy, with having at least one weekend day off, most of the time, both. But Saturday he's on his own, and that will all change. No more weekends for us. :(
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you :) It's an adjustment, but I'm definitely used to it now. If anything, it really makes me appreciate the weekends that we are together as a family and on weekends when he is working, I can usually get more schoolwork and housework done... so it evens out :) I hope his evaluation goes well!
ReplyDelete