Throughout the day, it got redder and when he woke up Tuesday morning, it was really swollen. My poor baby looked like he had been punched in the face! I wasn't sure what in the heck it was, so I took him to the Dr. Here we are playing and waiting to be seen:
.jpg)
.jpg)
The Dr. came in and looked at him, concluding that it was probably a bug bite and that there was nothing I could do other than give him Benadryl. She was sure to tell me that it can make him sleepy, but in children his age, it can also have the opposite effect. He didn't act like it bothered him, so I decided that Benadryl wasn't necessary. What is it with my house and random bugs? I know everyone has an issue with bugs, especially during summertime, but Harper is getting bitten in his sleep and I have ninja cockroaches trying to take me out at night!
We came back home and waited for daddy to get home from class. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so we didn't head out until a little later in the afternoon. We decided to go to the Learning Express to see what kind of educational toys we could get for Harper. Call me paranoid, but I'm always worried about Harper's cognitive and social development since he is not in daycare. (Preschool will start next year though). We decided on this:

(google images)
This is a Fridge Farm and I thought it would be a good source of animal sounds and colors since Harper's See n' Say is a little advanced for him right now. He fell in love with the farm and we listened to cow sounds all the way to Target.
When we got home, Jimmy started to marinate some steaks for dinner and I was planning on making one of my favorite side dishes-- sliced potatoes and onions baked in the oven (slathered in an unhealthy portion of butter, salt and pepper.) Harper was down for his second nap and I ended up falling asleep as well. Stomach bugs always do that to me :( Jimmy's mom called and apparently, he had agreed earlier in the week that we would go over and eat dinner with them last night. The steaks had to go in the fridge and we headed out. We had a nice time and of course, I was up until almost midnight working on homework. Boo.
I keep telling myself to keep working through it and I will get a little reward on Friday night in the form of this:

(google images)
I know, I know..dorky. It's not so much the movie, but the fact that I will be able to enjoy dinner and a movie with my husband! We rarely get to spend any alone time together, so a break from baby duty every now and then is nice and it certainly refreshes us. We always end up talking about Harper most of the night, but that's to be expected right?
I can't wait til Friday!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!