While Jimmy was sleeping, I decided that I would clean Harper's bedroom because it has been looking pretty haggard for awhile now. It takes him no time to strew toys, books and blankets all over his floor. His furniture needed dusting too, so off I went.
Here is what it looks like most of the time:
.jpg)
My mom gave me a chest that belonged to my grandad a long time ago, and I had never really utilized the space very well. I decided that since Harper could use some more storage, I would take out whatever was in there and replace it with toys. Here is what I found:
.jpg)
(Old VHS tapes my brother and I used to watch. I'm going to see if my dad can convert these to DVD since they are classics.)
.jpg)
(A baby shower list from just a few days before Harper was born. Not sure why it says wedding list..haha!)
While I was cleaning, Harper got in his chair and decided to scare me by standing up, like always.
.jpg)
.jpg)
After a little tidying up and polishing, here is the result:
.jpg)
(His poor little room is so crammed! Can't wait to get a house with some space!)
When Jimmy woke up, we headed downtown so that I could talk to someone at CFCC about what classes I need next semester. OF COURSE they were closed, so we decided to walk around and then get some lunch.
One of the things I love most about this city is how beautiful it is, especially downtown.
.jpg)
We parked and got a quick photo with the Battleship in the background.
.jpg)
We walked for a very short time before deciding to head to Trolley Stop for lunch. Here is Harper waiting patiently for his chips.
.jpg)
I snapped a photo of Jimmy while he was eating and this is usually the look I get when he knows his photo is being taken. Not happy.
.jpg)
We headed back so Jimmy could get ready for work and my cleaning/organizing frenzy continued. I have to let it be known that both Jimmy and I despise clutter. We don't like knick-knacks and frillies in our house whatsoever, so the fact that we are crammed in here makes organizing very difficult. I decided that I would tackle our bedside table drawer and here is the end result:
.jpg)
Everything that is in that drawer needed to stay, so I just combined random cords in a Ziploc bag. I had a million books that took up precious space, so they now reside in the bookcase above our desk. Books in a bookcase, who would have guessed?
I headed to the kitchen to clear out a shelf. This is when I got sad, because I realized that it was time to throw out the last little bit of formula and rice cereal that was hanging around. For me, this was symbolic of Harper not being a baby anymore and I just don't like it. (The writing on the rice cereal box were instructions for our nanny at the time :)
.jpg)
A little more space was cleared, so that made me happy.
.jpg)
Jimmy headed out the door and Harper watched him leave, as he does everytime.
.jpg)
We played around with toys and daddy's hat for a little while..
.jpg)
.jpg)
...Then it was time for dinner and bath. Harper is fast asleep now, so I'll wrap this up, but before I go, I want to say that it's days like this that I will cherish forever. The day will come when I will watch Harper go to Preschool, Kindergarten, Middle School, High School graduation and that horrible day otherwise known as move-in day at college. All too often, I find myself getting wrapped up in tomorrow and never really focusing on today. One of the main purposes of this blog was to give me an outlet to be able to document these precious days that will be gone much too soon. I am trying harder to never take today for granted and to soak up every moment with my baby before I blink and he is no longer a "baby." I hope that you will take the time to enjoy ordinary days with your loved ones, because family is truly what matters most.
Have a wonderful weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!